Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEEPWAVE
    replied
    it is called "long beach spring" and it is located on spring street, between cherry, and atlantic ave.

Leave a comment:

• RatherBeJeeping
    replied
    Where's that springs shop? I just built some custom packs for my front SOA (even drilled them out myself) and after test fitting them I want some clamps for them.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by JEEPWAVE
    i took my rear springs to a "spring shop" in long beach, and they drilled them to 3/8" and put in ford hardened centering pins.
    $60.00
    dont waste your time trying to drill them yourself... the steel is just too damn hard!
    LOL

I found that out the hard way

Leave a comment:

• JEEPWAVE
    replied
    i took my rear springs to a "spring shop" in long beach, and they drilled them to 3/8" and put in ford hardened centering pins.
    $60.00
    dont waste your time trying to drill them yourself... the steel is just too damn hard!

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Yeah, i wanna know too! I broke one of my rear pins, it seemed like it was actually the opposite of what you were saying Erik- too much slop in the hole for the head of the pin, so it wore the head down to a nice oblong shape. Once it got thin enough - snap! On Holcomb Creek nonetheless....not a good day.

Leave a comment:

• Jeepskickass
    replied
    So what are you using for centering pins? I switched to grade 8 hex heads, and I haven't broken one since.

Leave a comment:

• JEEPWAVE
    replied
    lol... not yet.
    i do have all the front end stuff that got broken back together except the steering box. hopefully soon on that one
    there were some other things that sem to have gotten damaged, and worn that i am fixing/upgrading in the process in an effort to go through the con without any problems .
    almost there

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Right on MANG!!! You got that flaming pile back together yet?

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    started a topic centering pins

centering pins

well after breaking the centering pins for the third time on these springs...
    i have the springs (pro comp) on my jeep, with a ford rear end, which has larger centering holes. this would allow the rear end to shift a bit under heavy articulation..
    well, i finally had the springs drilled out for the ford bolt, and a much heavier duty centering pin. i hope this works. it certainly appears to be MUCH heavier duty pin. i'll find out on the rubicon , and update this post.
Working...
X