• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Not a problem Man . Glad to help out

JIM :{>

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Jim at JC Fab and Design hooked me up. Drove by there the other day, found the place, he told me to bring by MAMAHEADS XJ. Picked it up today after he fixed the problem. Caster was tweaked, ball joints on drag link and trac arm were tweaked, 2 contol arms were tweaked......he untweaked everything . Quick diagnosis and quick repair. Thanx Bro, you will see me again.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by paulhead
    Thanx guys. I'm taking all your info into serious consideration.Just waiting for my income tax $$ 'cause then I'll be able to take everything apart and be able to afford whatever parts I may need.At the same time I'll be getting an adjustable front trac-bar, new shocks, throwing some new/used rubber on there (32"s), reupolstering the drivers seat, changing all the lubes, maybe putting some lift shackles on the rear.Will new control arms help the caster if thats the prob?
    I'm only one guy

Now control arms will help, only if they are adjustable. Other wise you'll be right back at square one, but with new stuff.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Thanx guys. I'm taking all your info into serious consideration.Just waiting for my income tax $$ 'cause then I'll be able to take everything apart and be able to afford whatever parts I may need.At the same time I'll be getting an adjustable front trac-bar, new shocks, throwing some new/used rubber on there (32"s), reupolstering the drivers seat, changing all the lubes, maybe putting some lift shackles on the rear.Will new control arms help the caster if thats the prob?

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by paulhead
    No, actually it handles better the faster I drive. At slow speeds it decides to veer left or right on its own without much help.
    Caster?

Have the caster checked. incorrect caster can cause a vehicle to wander. Does thesteering wheel return to center? if not, then your caster is off. In our land speed cars, we run a bunch of positive caster that keeps the car going straigh, but makes it a bitch to turn.

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    The Balljoints and tierods being work out can cause death wobble, thats not what you have, is it?
    No, actually it handles better the faster I drive. At slow speeds it decides to veer left or right on its own without much help.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Bumpsteer is caused by the track bar and draglink not being lined up. An aftermarket trackbar would help the problem, and would be a better solution then a pitman arm, but both would work. As for the dropped brackets, I dont think thats causing your problem. It would, however, be a good idea to take off and replace with some good control arms. The Balljoints and tierods being work out can cause death wobble, thats not what you have, is it?

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    So here is the picture. My question is would removing the extension and replacing it with an aftermarket control arm (made for a lift) help aliviate my problem?

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    started a topic Bump steer/ wandering steering, 90 XJ

Bump steer/ wandering steering, 90 XJ

I read the definition of bump steer and thats what I seem to have.But my mech dude said my ball joints and steering linkage is wore out. I got a 4" trail master lift, would that need a drop pitman? Also tomorrow I'll post some pics of where the lower control arm is connected by an extention added to where the control arm use to connect to stock. It totally diminishes ground clearance.90 XJ.
    P.S Yea I posted this in the wrong spot but I can't figure how to move it
    Last edited by paulhead; 03-04-04, 09:05 AM.
Working...
X