Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 tj suspension lift

how easy is it to install the suspension lift yourself? im on a budget and so yah,.. i can get a good 4inch suspension lift for $400 dollars and then i want to get a 2inch body. then fit a good set of 35's.
    Kiss my rear differential

Not hard at all. You just need some basic hand tools and a little know how. Dont forget, at that much lift you'll need a SYE as well, or a super huge t-case drop (but that kinda undoes what you just did). You might not even need a 2 inch BL, a 1 inch should be fine to fit 35's. Let us know how it goes.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I installed my 3-inch lift with adjustable uppers,lowers, front and rear track bars in about 40 total man hours.

Just get a couple buddies, 4 jack stands, 1 hydraulic jack and an assortment of sockets and wrenches and your good to go.

Of course my entire project would of gone a bit faster if I had of had some air tools.

On a side note anything higher than a 1-inch body lift is rather ugly in my opinion. Just becareful on them body lifts.

I threw on a 1-inch body lift and a motor mount lift on top of my 3-inch suspension lift and with all the available space between my tire and fender Im sure I could squeeze in a set of 35's.
      Write-ups, Dealer/Club listings, Personal websites welcome and useful Jeep info.

Comment

thanx for the information guys. im gonna go ahead and order that lift. i hope it works out pretty good. i got a question though.. what kind of shocks should i go with? procomp.. rancho? idk..???

Comment

Originally posted by kizer
          I installed my 3-inch lift with adjustable uppers,lowers, front and rear track bars in about 40 total man hours.

Just get a couple buddies, 4 jack stands, 1 hydraulic jack and an assortment of sockets and wrenches and your good to go.

Of course my entire project would of gone a bit faster if I had of had some air tools.

On a side note anything higher than a 1-inch body lift is rather ugly in my opinion. Just becareful on them body lifts.

I threw on a 1-inch body lift and a motor mount lift on top of my 3-inch suspension lift and with all the available space between my tire and fender Im sure I could squeeze in a set of 35's.
          40 manhours??? what were you doing? I did mine withou help in less than 8 hours. TJ lifts are really simple.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Maybe 40 hours including dialing in the control arms and track bars, but thats alot of measuring! igofshn is right, it shouldnt take that long. Just make sure you have everything before you start, or have another vehicle to drive to the hardware store. It always figures that something is missing and your sitting there with a torn apart Jeep, and no way to get anywhere. Let us know how it goes.
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

alright. i ordered my 4 inch supension lift. w/ out shocks. i figure that i will go with the new rancho 9000x shocks.. depending on my future budget. but neways.. am i going to need an SYE kit? .. the 4inch suspension kit comes with the following:
              (4) new coil springs
              quick disconnect from anti-sway bar links
              transfer case drop shims
              emergency brake cable extension
              3rd brake light relocation bracket
              bump stop extensions
              Engineered to relocate suspension and drive-train components for easier alignment, proper drive-line angles and better handling ...
              is there anything else i will be needing ? a drop pitman control arm? or.. what.. im kind of new with this stuff. .. the tires i will be getting are 33x12.5 .. but yeah not sure to either go with the bfg m/t or the procomp m/ts .. .. can someone please give me input .. or an opinion on what i should do...

Comment

Originally posted by emojeep
                alright. i ordered my 4 inch supension lift. w/ out shocks. i figure that i will go with the new rancho 9000x shocks.. depending on my future budget. but neways.. am i going to need an SYE kit? .. the 4inch suspension kit comes with the following:
                (4) new coil springs
                quick disconnect from anti-sway bar links
                transfer case drop shims
                emergency brake cable extension
                3rd brake light relocation bracket
                bump stop extensions
                Engineered to relocate suspension and drive-train components for easier alignment, proper drive-line angles and better handling ...
                is there anything else i will be needing ? a drop pitman control arm? or.. what.. im kind of new with this stuff. .. the tires i will be getting are 33x12.5 .. but yeah not sure to either go with the bfg m/t or the procomp m/ts .. .. can someone please give me input .. or an opinion on what i should do...
                You WILL need an SYE eventually. Check out HERE for a complete 231 T-case with SYE. A t-case drop will work for the time being, but its a band-aid in my opinion. It kinda sucks because you lose some of the clearance you just gained.

I think you'll be safe with a stock pitman arm, unless you have alot of bumpsteer then you might need one. I would look into Track bars, front and rear. I have the Currie ones and I've VERY happy with them. As for tires, if you run in rocks, Goodyear MT/R's, hands down. What suspension kit did you get?
                Last edited by JeepGal; 02-04-04, 09:35 PM.
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i got the trailmaster suspension kit.. the 4 incher one.. but yes. neways.. im looking for tires.. and yah im 17.. and i dont have much time to do a lot of rock crawling.. i do a lot of 4wheeling.. and trail riding though.. and its fun.. i need tires that will be able to handle the road good and offroad.. but mainly offroad, but still be able to drive on the road, without tearing up the tread. ..im looking for 33's hopefully my 4banger will be enough power to work them tires.. who knows.. what do u guys suggest on my tires? and .. also.. my shocks.. ive been looking at rancho.. pro comps and old man emus

Comment

is there anything wrong doing a body lift with suspension lift? .. i wanna feel up there..

Comment

i got the trailmaster suspension kit.. the 4 incher one.. but yes. neways.. im looking for tires.. and yah im 17.. and i dont have much time to do a lot of rock crawling.. i do a lot of 4wheeling.. and trail riding though.. and its fun.. i need tires that will be able to handle the road good and offroad.. but mainly offroad, but still be able to drive on the road, without tearing up the tread. ..im looking for 33's hopefully my 4banger will be enough power to work them tires.. who knows.. what do u guys suggest on my tires? and .. also.. my shocks.. ive been looking at rancho.. pro comps and old man emus
                      I have the old man emu's, I like them, but they are a little pricey. I think its really personal preference . . . i.e. shock valving and such. BFG M/T and PC M/T's are a good tire, they are said to have weakish sidewalls, but do just fine.
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

is there anything wrong doing a body lift with suspension lift? .. i wanna feel up there..
                        No problem with that. I would keep it to a 1 inch BL or a 2inch MAX! One inchers are the most common. I have a 2 inch and dont have any problems on my 98. Again, its a personal preference thing. If I were to do it again, I would put in a 1 inch in place of the 2.

Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

thanx dukes. im going to see how it goes.. but i dont think my suspension lift comes with control arms. where can i get some good ones?

Comment

hey does anyone know if 2" Jeep Coil Spring Spacers are any good to use?

Comment

hey does anyone know if 2" Jeep Coil Spring Spacers are any good to use?
                              Dude!!! How big do you want this Jeep to be? sounds like your going to have like 8 inches of lift or something. I'd back it down a notch and buy some stuff that'll make it a little streetable . . . control arms, trackbars, Steering upgrades. You can toss as much lift on your rig as you want, but driveability suffers, A lot!

Personally I dont have a problem with spacers, I had some 1-3/4's on my Cherokee with no problems. As for control arms, take a look around an see if you can find some used RE arms, those are the best.
                              -Chris
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X