Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes69
    replied
    Pics? I'm having a hard time picturing this. Spring clamps wont work?

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    How long are your shackles? That is part of my problem also, the long shackles really let the spring move.

Leave a comment:

• TommyJeep
    replied
    Might want to crank down on those u-bolts. They might be a little loose.

Leave a comment:

• JEEPWAVE
    replied
    i have a similar problem with mine, as rick said. you can get or fab some rings to hold them closer to their intended shape. mine ar about 3/4" out of whack in the front leaf packs.

Leave a comment:

• BullDog
    replied
    I do hit them back, and they spread out the first trip out. it is just the back half that does not have a clip to hold it in place. I'm only worried cause half the second leaf is out from under the main, and all the others are half out from under the second.

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Is it just the leaves popping off center? If so, just whack them babies back in line with a hammer. Some of the teflon insert springs (your SkyJackers, for instance) end up sliding all over the place. Just hit em. Ask JEEPWAVE, he knows the feeling as well! I have the same springs, and other than an occasional broken spring pack bolt, I love em. I think they made the holes in the springs just a bit big, so the bolt is just a tiny bit sloppy in the hole. The bolt eventually gets worn thin from all that flexin until it breaks. No biggie, even on the trail as long as you carry a bolt or two with you and a big wrench for the u-bolts.
    Last edited by rick; 06-06-03, 08:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BullDog
    started a topic Spring spread

Spring spread

I have a Skyjacker 4" lift on my 75 CJ-5. Lately I have noticed that the leaves are not staying in the pack. In fact, they are 50% of the way pushed off to the passenger side.

Could this be attributed to the rear axle not being square to the frame any more?

Looking for info before I break out the block and tackle to straighten, if that is the problem.
Working...
X