Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-38
    replied
    that would be coo...keep me updated...you can email me...my address is in my profile

-Josh

Leave a comment:

• 83iS
    replied
    I've got a Power Box and Pump I could hook you up with off of my CJ5 if i dont keep it. Let me know

Kyle

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It shouldn't be a difficult task for either of your CJ's. Most Jeep CJ's utilized the standard GM Saginaw steering box. It is possible to simply bolt the power box to the existing mount on the frame in place of the existing manual Saginaw box (there are no modifications to the steering shaft in this case). Things don't start getting tricky until you need to start getting the pump and mounting brackets together. There is also the matter of obtaining the correct high pressure and return lines.

I recently installed power steering in my '59 Willys pick-up. I used the steering box and pump from an early 70's El Camino (the same box would fit in your CJ's). As I have a small block Chevy engine in the truck, brackets weren't much of a problem for mounting the pump. The only sticking point was finding pressure and return lines of the correct length. I eventually went to a place in Upland, California called Bonaco; where I had both lines custom made from braided stainless sheathed line for less than $70 (they also custom made my brake lines for less than $80).

You may want to check with AGR as well at AGR Performance Steering . They have a wide range of applications and their products are of high quality (albiet, a bit spendy)...
    Last edited by PRegner; 11-29-03, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• P-38
    started a topic Power Steering/Power Brakes

Power Steering/Power Brakes

I was also wondering if there were power steering/power brake kits out on the market to buy. I have looked and looked and havn't been able to find them anywhere. I could go to a dismantaler and get all the parts i need i am sure...but i am 17 and i have no idea what i would need to buy...so if i could get some help on where i could buy a kit or what parts i need to buy that would be a big help. Thanks

-Josh
Working...
X