Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing ARB Safari YJ snorkel on TJ

I am thinking of doing this for the following reasons:
    Its easier to install-TJ requires battery and other stuff removal.
    I have removed the stock airbox.
    There is an open area on the drivers side to go through.
    I could install an air filter there.
    It sits higher on the body- shorter air path and less chance of water ingestion if leakage.
    So, does anyone know if this would work? Got any comments? Let me know. Thanks. John.
    2003 gold , 1" coil spacer, body lift, motor lift, CBrack, JKS disconnects, grill/brush guard, winch, oil pan skid, gas tank skid, storage drawer, on board air, 33" tires.

I would imagine ARB sells a TJ kit for a reason. But, I dont see why a YJ one wouldnt work. It might just take a little bit of figuring out. Good Luck!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I think the reason is the air box is on the other side and the position is to go under the battery. I just dont like how low it is.
      BTW saw your group at PVD. I went on Jackpot, as Defense mine had too many people on it, but it was too easy. I'll be back next year.
      2003 gold , 1" coil spacer, body lift, motor lift, CBrack, JKS disconnects, grill/brush guard, winch, oil pan skid, gas tank skid, storage drawer, on board air, 33" tires.

Comment

Originally posted by j762538
        I think the reason is the air box is on the other side and the position is to go under the battery. I just dont like how low it is.
        BTW saw your group at PVD. I went on Jackpot, as Defense mine had too many people on it, but it was too easy. I'll be back next year.
        We ran both those. Defense mine was very full, but it was a nice run. Some good rocks to play on. You should have stopped by and said HEY! We will be there next year . . . I hope!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X