X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by eliguy
    here is a 20 dollar alternitive to the 200 dollar vacuum replacement cables.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stevenschreiber/jeep/
    Thanks that looks like a money saver! IM glad you piped up and told me about that!

Leave a comment:

• eliguy
    replied
    here is a 20 dollar alternitive to the 200 dollar vacuum replacement cables.

http://home.earthlink.net/~stevenschreiber/jeep/

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It's called a Posi-Lok Front Axle Vacuum Actuator Eliminator, and 4 Wheel Drive Hardware carries them, (item number 5900), but their pricing is a little high ($199.99). I'm sure you can find a better price on it by calling around to some of your local four wheel drive specialty shops...

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by PRegner
    There should in fact be a vent hose coming off of the front differential. The hoses you described going to the transfer case are also in fact your vacuum disconnect. I would advise replacing the vacuum disconnect with a manual cable system. They cost around $150, and are far more reliable than the vacuum set-up (plus, there are no hoses to rot, leak, or break). They are also relatively easy to install (and you gain the added feature of being able to use low-range 2wd)...

That sounds like a better deal than the vacuum screwin up. So how would i go about doing that? and where can i buy the kit?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by JeepJunkie
    there is a hose that goes from the front dif up a little ways then looks to be capped off is that just some sort of vent?? also to the right of the dif on the axle there is a couple of hoses to the T-case which must be the vacuum disconnect
    There should in fact be a vent hose coming off of the front differential. The hoses you described going to the transfer case are also in fact your vacuum disconnect. I would advise replacing the vacuum disconnect with a manual cable system. They cost around $150, and are far more reliable than the vacuum set-up (plus, there are no hoses to rot, leak, or break). They are also relatively easy to install (and you gain the added feature of being able to use low-range 2wd)...

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    there is a hose that goes from the front dif up a little ways then looks to be capped off is that just some sort of vent?? also to the right of the dif on the axle there is a couple of hoses to the T-case which must be the vacuum disconnect

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by PRegner
    Does your front axle have a vacuum disconnect? If you don't start the motor, and put it in four wheel drive first, then I don't think the front hubs will connect...

Ohhh yes this very well could be, it was off when i was testing it. there is some hoses and junk that go to the front axle, but then again it has a ton of tubing that goes every which way.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Does your front axle have a vacuum disconnect? If you don't start the motor, and put it in four wheel drive first, then I don't think the front hubs will connect...

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    ideas?:confused:

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailbst
    JeepJunkie, did you put the transfercase in 4wd??
    Yep, 4hi and 4lo and i get the same results.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    JeepJunkie, did you put the transfercase in 4wd??

Leave a comment:

• confused about the fourwheel drive system on my 85 cherokee

Im a little confused about the fourwheel drive system on my 85 cherokee. I have the front up on blocks and i have the rear drive line disconnected. When i rotate the front drive line shouldnt the front tires spin? Or when i spin the tires shouldnt the drive line spin?
Working...
X