Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on wheels + tires

I have a question. I am currently running 33 x 12.50 tires on a set of 15 x 10 wheels. Would switching to 33 x 10.50's be a good idea? And if so, would I need to switch to 15 x 8 wheels (I know this sounds a little dumb, but I dont have much expierence with off road vehicles) ? Any help would be great, as I think this would be a way to imorove gas mileage.
    '97 TJ
    33 in. Dunlop's
    A I-have-no-clue lift kit (came with the jeep)
    and the stock am-fm radio......soon to be changed out with a real stereo

Re: Need help on wheels + tires

Originally posted by RenoHighRoller
    I have a question. I am currently running 33 x 12.50 tires on a set of 15 x 10 wheels. Would switching to 33 x 10.50's be a good idea? And if so, would I need to switch to 15 x 8 wheels (I know this sounds a little dumb, but I dont have much expierence with off road vehicles) ? Any help would be great, as I think this would be a way to imorove gas mileage.
    IMHO 12.50 tires on a 10 inch rim is worthless, but thats just me. A 10.50 tire on a 10 inch rim . . . I dont even know if the bead would hold. Honestly, switching from a 12.50 tire to a 10.50 tire isnt going to raise your gas mileage much. I would run 15x8's with a 12.50 tire and just run a little more air pressure in them. I run 35 psi in mine. Free flowing exhaust and a K&N air filter would probably be money better spent, I think. Good Luck.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I also would say to keep the 12.50's and get 8 inch rims.
      '02X, 2" RE BB, 33x12.50, MileMarker E9000, Big Daddy Front Bumper, etc...
      www.blueridgeoffroad.com

Comment

Working...
      X