X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rollbar
    replied
    Thanks everyone,
    Thinking about it you all are right, I think I will stay w/the 6 banger.

Thanks again,

Leave a comment:

• WetLands 90YJ
    replied
    i have the 4.2l and it has plenty of get up and go so noone runs me over, but not enough to get anyone in trouble or hurt, it's a good all around I6,the four cylider might not be the right direction keep the 6!
    Last edited by Dukes69; 09-10-03, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    put a 6 cyl back in there

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Jim, I agree with Erik. There are alot of different ways to reduce HP besides an engine swap. Back down the timing, throttle stops, etc. and like he said 110 HP is not that much. I had 330 when I was 16

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jim, i would have to say that putting in a 4cyl would be a real step backwards. As for your daughter, the 6cyl is not too much power, not when talking about a stock 258, in 1979 they were rated for a whopping 110 Horsepower. You get more than that from most of your little 4cyl cars. I don't think that the 4cyl is a direct swap, but am not sure.

Erik

Leave a comment:

• rollbar
    started a topic Replace 6 banger w/a 4 banger?

Replace 6 banger w/a 4 banger?

I was just given a 79' CJ5, it had a 6 banger in it but the guy had to use the 6 cyl.
    It has the 3 spd stick tranny, d-30 & amc 20. It needs a new body. since I have never had a 4 banger in a Jeep, I was wondering since Jeep trys to keep things simple if the 4 banger would bolt up to where the 6 banger was?

I would need to get a 4 banger also.

My 15 yr. old daughter wants a Jeep & I don't want her to have to much power for now.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jim
Working...
X