• Show
Clear All

• WetLands 90YJ
    replied
    I had the tranny flushed after draining the old gear oil

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    thats good to hear . . . getting the tranny rebuilt would suck! May I suggest something? ok, thank you Now that you've changed the oil one time to get rid of the oil junk and stuff, change it again, to clean any other contaminints, just to make sure you have only clean oil in the case. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• WetLands 90YJ
    replied
    Update:screwed Tranny

Ok guys i got to researching and talking to some good friends of Elisha and I,and we found out that the thGear oil inside the case was filthy,nasty and horrible,turns out the previous owner had never changed out the gear oil at 7,00 miles;which is noted in the owners manual. so i drain all the oil yesterday after noon,and i've gotten almost one 1 quart of oil in there now and it's already shifting smooth as a baby's butt,i've got to finish puttin the rest in in(7 pints)and we'll let you know how everything is after the first road test.stay tuned..........................................

Leave a comment:

• WetLands 90YJ
    started a topic Tranny screwed

Tranny screwed

Well guys today Elisha and i left to go get some spark plugs and as we were leaving the house i shifted into reverse,well it grinded with the clutch all the way in,so I was like ok woops,well then we go into town at a red light,and it wouldn't shift into 1st or 2nd or 3rd,or 4th, finally i had to ram it into 1st so we could go. I asked the guy at advanced auto parts and he told me that my tranny needed to be rebuilt,I've had the thing for 7 damn days! Jesus Christ ! i really don't have the money for this right now, any suggestions!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Working...
X