Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York air filter?

I was wondering what type of air filter everybody was running on their York air compressor.

I got lucky
    Checking out the local Pickandpull, cheap entertainment, I was walking around and found a fullsize jeep pickup. Somebody had pulled the power train, but left the compressor. So being the redneck I am, I pulled my trusty knife out (tools were in the trunk) and cut the hoses and $1+$25 and the York was mine.
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

I have seen it done 2 different ways. Get one of those tiny little air filter assemblies from the local Autopart store or tap a line from the normal air filter and run it to the York.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I just used one of the little autoparts store filters (valve cover breather filter). There are also filters made specifically for air compressors that help silence the noise (I don't find it a problem though). Compressor filter link

Comment

I ran an oil filter on mine, funny looking but it worked.
        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

I inserted a barbed hose fitting into my air intake tube and ran a hose from the York intake to that. So my main engine air filter is also the air filter for the York.
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

got mine from kilby.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Nagals' way seems best, I went through a handfull of replacement element compressor filters (they all disintergrated) then I bought a $5 3" round valve cover vent with a washable element. I hose clamped it onto the inlet and that was 4 years ago.....ooh and they're shiny and you can get colors too!
              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Small lawnmower muffler
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I found a small K&N filter at the autoparts store that worked well.

Comment

I found the same K&N that Matt did. I had to replace the one I got from Kilby as it somehow vibrated apart and was lost. With the new K&N I am getting less oil collected in my filter.

Comment

I couldn't believe it, this morning at work I was driving from our shop out to the job site, and saw a york compressor sitting on the sidewalk. I just kept going cause I was in a hurry and thought it couldnt be worth stopping for. So at the end of the day driving by the same spot it was still there, I picked it up, and it seems to work.

Now I need some tips, what to look for, how to test it, how to mount it, best way to set it up, etc... Thanks in advance for the help.
                      I have a Jeep

Comment

Working...
                      X