Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Pan Skid Pried off.

When I bought my jeep, it already had an oil pan skid plate and it got torn off last time I went wheeling. It was held on with some type of glue. I dont know what type of Skid Plate it was.

Does anyone know what type of glue I should use to put it back on?
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Bet it was the turbo city one. They're siliconed on
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Yup, I think it was. For now I am going to to just silicone in back on untill I can buy another one. I dont like the feeling that it can tear off like that.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

I put one of those on my rig a couple of years back. It worked great for any head-on action, but I tore it off when doing a three point turn on the trail. I dented the oil pan pretty good, so I took the pan off, hammered out the dents and had my buddy weld the skid to the pan. No problems since. :-))

I like the skid because it's light weight, yet strong, but don't recommend using the adhesive silicone. Welding is the only way to go. Just remember to pull the pan first and watch the heat on the torch, it's easy to burn through the thin metal of the pan.

Comment

Tack it on with a MIG evry couple inches. Don't burn through the pan.

Comment

If Only I had a welder and knew had to use it. Soon enough. Our next apartment will have a 2 car attached garage, so I plan on having a bigger work area for the Jeep. A welder is on the list, probably a used one.
            Supe

Comment

Or buy an Nth Degree skid. It bolts on. 3/16" plate.
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I will eventually. But for now I am going to slap that skid back on and spend my money on something I dont have yet.
                Supe

Comment

If you are ever in Oceanside (near Camp Pendleton) , I have no problem helping you and tacking it up with my welder.

Comment

Thanks bro, I will take you up on that when I go down in that area. Not down there too much, but everyonce in a while.
                    Supe

Comment

Working...
                    X