Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to keep it street legal

I was woundering what is the biggest tire I can put on 15x8 with 3.75bs and keeping the fenderalays at bay? I got a 00TJ, would 31'sx11.5 work?

Whats the law in HI? Its not somuch the tire that makes it stick out, its the backspacing.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      Whats the law in HI? Its not somuch the tire that makes it stick out, its the backspacing.
      If it sticks out pass the flares it won't pass recon. How 'bout if I got biggers flares?

Comment

The bigger flares would work. You'll probably beable to fit any size tire you want with extended flares. How big did you want to go?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I'm probally going to get 31x11.5 or 33x11.5. Haven't made up my mind yet. :confused2 :confused2

Comment

I have 31x10.5s and they stick out, but we do not have much trouble about that here, the side of the jeep takes a bit of a beating. you will probably need wider flares if they check that in your area
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

The cops don't usually give you a ticket for the tires sticking out unless they pull you over for something else. In honolulu any mods you do to your jeep will need to get a recon for, so if the tires stick out no pass on the recon. I talked to a sales guy and he said running 15x8 with 3.75bs and 31x11.5 should fit under the 6"flare, hope he's right. :confused:

Comment

Working...
              X