Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a MML pinion ?

I should be recieving my MML soon, my question is....will I have to adjust the pinion angle after I put it in? If so, does anyone have a measurement of their UCA with this setup so I'll have something to go by? I have mine set 3/8" longer than stock per RE's instructions and thats working without any vibes.

AUCA stock tranny/tcase skid.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

You might have to raise the rear pinion angle a very slight amount so the pinion angle remains directly in line with the driveshaft which will be tilting downward just a tad more after the MML is installed. Why are you installing the MML?
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I'm planning on putting a tummy tuck on in the future and the tcase linkage relocator is driving me nuts. It seems I have to adjust my linkage about once a month and if I'm in a situation where the jeep is flexed, it pops out of 4lo and will not go back in until I am sitting level again.

That might be something different, but the MML I got cheap (spacers) so I though it wouldn't hurt to see if that will help my problems.
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

You have a 1" body lift which is probably causing the transfer case shifting problem because the shifter is bolted between the tub and t-case which are now at two different heights due to the body lift. A t-case shift mechanism relocation bracket would probably take care of the shifting problem by realigning the t-case bracket between the body and t-case.
        The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I have the bracket for the linkage on already, and I'm still having the problem of it slipping out of 4lo. It usually only does it under load...going down a steep hill or if the suspension is flexed. I'm hoping that the MML will iliminate the need for the linkage braket and hopeing that will keep it from slipping out of gear.
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

The MML wont hurt anything, but I would try to adjust the linkage first.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Got the MML in today. Ahh, the nice feeling of it not popping out of 2nd gear anymore and my tcase shifts nice and smooth now (took all the relocating brackets out). Now to get some wheelin in to see if it still pops out of 4lo. It feels a lot smoother going into 4hi and 4lo now so hopefully my tcase woes are gone and forgotten

Pinion angle doesn't look like it changed much and if it did, I still don't have any vibes and didn't notice any kind of binding in the driveshaft. It all looks to be inline from the pinion to the output on the tcase, no odd angles or nothing like that.
              04 Rubicon
              4.5" RE Super Flex
              1" BL
              CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
              Currie Anti-rock swaybar
              35" el cheapos
              Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Working...
              X