Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Help Please

Ok I know this is not where this goes, but I couldnt figure out where else to post it.........I need help with my half doors on my YJ, how do I take off the upper metal frame to the windows?? I want to take them off but they dont seem to budge!!! Any help would be great!!!!!
    Also anyone know where I can find a replacement interior dor handle? I havent been able to find anything on any of the sites I have looked at........you guys as always ROCK!!! Thanx

Lisa
    Have you hugged your Jeep today??

if you are talking about the upper metal frames for a soft top, you have to undo the snap on the outside under the mirror, and there is a plastic flap outside, that slips tightly under a flange. just pull down on the fabric, outside to remove the flap.
    for the door handle part, i'd email this guy..
    www.jeepsareus.com
    he can get just about anything. good luck
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Hey thanx for the link for the door handles........found them your a life saver!! , as for the doors I know how to take the skins off , its the metal frame that wont come out I know that thay do but it is not cooperating with me.........I have already taken off the skins in an attempt to get the *(&^*^& thing out.......any other suggestions??
      :confused:
      Lisa
      Have you hugged your Jeep today??

Comment

I had that problem on a jeep I once had also, the frames wouldn't budge. It might be easier if you use two people to get them unstuck. One person at the front of the window frame and one person at the rear of the frame. Both of you pull up at the same time keeping the window frame even. It worked for me, just clean the posts of any rust or dirt or put some graphite on them so it comes out easier next time.
        '02X, 2" RE BB, 33x12.50, MileMarker E9000, Big Daddy Front Bumper, etc...
        www.blueridgeoffroad.com

Comment

Working...
        X