This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn Hub Conversion

well.. i went and did it. i bought the conversion kit for my jeep. now i have to scrounge up the money for the inner axle shafts. when i get the parts you can follow this thread for the write up on the installation. i got the warn that will take the 760 u joint. this is going to be a strong ass axle.
    getting closer to hammer ready
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

AWESOME!!! I plan on running the same kit......eventually, but no funds. So is this the 5x5.5 kit? And will you still be running the CAD?
    Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

i'm sure i'll hear some crap about it, but i did get the 5 on 4.5 one. that way i dont have to change my wheels.
      what is "CAD"?
      ERIK

Comment

CAD= Central Axle Disconnect. The 2 piece passenger side axleshafts is the CAD. Like all YJ's have, if you havent already done something, like an axle swap or TJ shafts. I like the hub conversion, but cant see paying for it. If i look hard enough im sure i could find a 44 to swap in, but for now the 30 is fine for me. Im not gonna give you any hell for it, Its your jeep, and I'll prolly end up running something similair in the long run.
        Screw you guys, I'm goin' to pismo.

Comment

i've heard of it as a vacuum disconect..
          this set up works out to be pretty darn strong. stronger than a stock dana 44. they are running this set up through the "hammers" all day long. it will now have the 760 u joints, and the hub is the "fuse"
          i think i'll like it.. i'll let you know if i find something i dont like
          ERIK

Comment

CTM'S!!!!

go big or go home
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              CTM'S!!!!

go big or go home
              you buy, and i'lll fly
              those are some bad ass joints, but... it makes your R&P the week link.... personally, i think i'd rather fix a u joint on the trail... well, unless someone wants me to do some free testing of their ctm u joints.
              ERIK

Comment

well, i am on my way to gathering the parts for this conversion. i have the major parts ordered for this. i got the warn 5 on 4.5 conversion for tha larger u joints. it willl be using the 760 ujoint. for this conversion you have to get the inside of your rotor machined to a larger opening to accept the conversion.
                in order to machine the rotors, you must have the right type. you have to have "cast" rotors. composition style rotors wont work. they are too weak in the area that the machining needs to take place.

this is a picture of a "cast" rotor.

notice the squared edhe at the top of the hat area.....

below is a picture of the composite rotor, which wont work for the machinist, and is usually what is already on your jeep.

below is a note from warn's web site with part numbers for cast rotors, which can be machined to the size needed.

[COLOR=firebrick]Note: Increases track width by 3/4" per side. Full cast rotors must be purchased and the rotor pilot hole must be machined to 3.575 = or -.015 before installation (Full cast rotor ITT PN 65225, Wagner PN BD125039, Raybestos PN 7142). Warning: loss of ABS braking. [/COLOR]
                ERIK

Comment

I want to do this same setup.5x4.5 small hubs for the previously stated reasons.Can I use my Super30 inner shafts with the Warn outers? Will it hold up to 35,s and ARB?
                  99TJ

Comment

Originally posted by dirtgrip
                    I want to do this same setup.5x4.5 small hubs for the previously stated reasons.Can I use my Super30 inner shafts with the Warn outers? Will it hold up to 35,s and ARB?
                    I don't see why not, you could actually use stock inners if you wanted to.

the nice thing about warn inners are they are set up to accept full circle ujoint retaining clips. most others arn't.

they should hold up just fine.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I think the super 30 kit already has full circle clips in addition to 30 spline shafts. Sounds like it will be ok.Thanks blkTJ.
                      Last edited by dirtgrip; 12-05-04, 09:31 AM.
                      99TJ

Comment

Erik, I've got some rotors for you. I'm stepping up to the WJ stuff and won't need my machined rotors that are on with my little hub conversion now. For that matter you can have the calipers and pads too since I just put them on 2-3 months ago.
                        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

for me?!
                          i know there are a few eriks on this board... i'd love a spare set if you are offering to me
                          ERIK

Comment

It's you Erik, John's getting sentimental in his old age....
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY
                            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

It's a YJ thing.. got to stick together or something
                              I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Working...
                              X