Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Fuel Line

My fuel line broke driving home on Saturday! :mad: :mad:

I ended up cutting off part of the rubber fuel hose and hose clamping/duct taping things together to limp it home.

There's the metal tube portion of the fuel line that runs along the frame. Then there's rubber fuel tubing running from the gas tank to the metal tube. There's a quick disconnect of some type, that connects the rubber tube to the metal tube. The rubber tubing looked like it was coming of this disconnect at nearly a 90 degree angle, which is where my rubber tubing cracked.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else with a (newer) TJ. And, what type of hose should I use to replace my existing hose. Should a just get another stock one? or should I replace it with some steel tubing?

Let me know.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Flywaterguide

03 TJ with a few mods.

Originally posted by flywaterguide
    My fuel line broke driving home on Saturday! :mad: :mad:
    I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else with a (newer) TJ. And, what type of hose should I use to replace my existing hose. Should a just get another stock one? or should I replace it with some steel tubing?
    Flywaterguide
    I have a 2003 TJ also. I would recommend to replace with stock tubing. I have MML and I notice a bit of motor movement with hard revs and a rubber line would allow for movement without interference.

PS. I have something for you that is about 200MB and will answer all these sorts of 2003 TJ-specific questions. Send me a PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
    X