Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best place to get a good reasonably priced yank strap?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place to get a good reasonably priced yank strap?

So my strap has about had it.

Suggestions on a brand/size strap that would be good, for a reasonable price? Or are they all pretty much the same (if their pound rating is the same), and just get the cheapest one? My old one is 2"x30' I think, rated at 20,000 pounds. I'd like to get something maybe a bit stronger, maybe a 3"x30' rated at 30,000 pounds?
    Last edited by daniel_buck; 07-15-13, 06:45 PM.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Pull strap of a yank/ kinetic strap are not the same. Good hoisting strap from harbor freight will do just fine for a pull strap

Comment

I want one that's stretchy a bit, right? is that what the HF pull straps are?

this right here?

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-...rap-67230.html
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

I've had a Pro Comp one forever. 2" x 30'. Nice quality and was cheap. Bigger isn't always better with yank straps. They're supposed to stretch, and the recoil helps with the pull. A thicker strap made for more weight won't stretch properly with a little Jeep pulling on it. They're made for bigger, heavier trucks which can stretch them just fine. For a Jeep I personally don't think anything over 2" is needed.
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Right on, thanks for the tip! I was thinking the 3" might hold up to abuse better, but I hadn't thought about how much it would or wouldn't stretch.

Comment

I think mine was a 30 foot, that's probably the length I'd want to get, not a 20 foot?

Comment

The HF one works good. Mommy had to drag me home with the limo a couple times. Just be sure it isn't on any sharp edges. They shred easier than cheese. Make sure to use the 20% off coupon too, every little bit helps.
              God forgives, rocks don't
              -sons of thunder

Comment

$20.00 at 4wheelparts. Simple, easy, works.

Comment

Working...
                X