Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pesky fuel injector connectors

I'm sure I just need to put some muscle into it but the fear of breaking the fitting is prohibiting me from pulling off the electrical connector for the fuel injectors.
    I found out that I have a broken exhaust manifold stud. It is the one right next to the firewall. Great......nice spot.
    So, I need to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds and hope there is enough stud left to extract. I am the point of removing the injector connectors and I don't want to break anything.

edit for question.

Any tips on removing the connectors?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Jason; 06-21-13, 11:34 AM. Reason: I had a question in there somewhere

Not sure how different the YJ 4.0 is from the TJ 4.0, but I leave the fuel rail and injectors on when disconnecting everything. I disconnect the fuel line coming in. I find that far easier if you're taking off the whole intake manifold anyways.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

have you removed the wire retainers?
      then spray em with a little lube, and they should wiggle right off
      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        Not sure how different the YJ 4.0 is from the TJ 4.0, but I leave the fuel rail and injectors on when disconnecting everything. I disconnect the fuel line coming in. I find that far easier if you're taking off the whole intake manifold anyways.
        I'm one of the only Jeepers I know that bought a 4cyl. You have traveled with me up the 18, remember? Painful.
        An injector is an injector Isn't it?

Comment

The 2.5 and 4.0 injectors should be the same. See if you can disconnect the harness instead of each injector or vice'-verce'. A bit of WD-40 for an hour works well to slick up stuck connectors.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            I'm one of the only Jeepers I know that bought a 4cyl. You have traveled with me up the 18, remember? Painful.
            An injector is an injector Isn't it?
            Oh yeah, I remember that painful trip up the hill! Made me glad I had the 6-cyl.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Well? Did you get it fingered out? How's it going?
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

The connectors were easy after I decided to grow a pair. I just wiggled them back n forth and they popped right off. Now to deal with the broken stud.

Comment

I saw an episode of Muscle Car, within the last few weeks. They showed a few ways to extract a broken bolt. Both with some of the stud still sticking out, and with it broken off inside. You might want to look on their website, for some tips.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                  X