Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loop choke
    replied
    OOOHHHH!!!!!! Me Likey!!!!!! I will e-mail you when I get back from Yosemite.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by loop choke
    Thanx for all of the replies. Yeah I have the 4" RE Lift.

I will figure out what to do this weekend and let you guys know how it went.

Does anyone have pics of the Rock-it Man rear bumper? I want something to carry gas cans also.

Thanx!!!!

Jason
    Hey Jason,
    These are the only 2 pics that I have of the swing out with Jerry cans. Let me know if you want any more and I'll snap some quick ones. PM or E-mail Me for some more info.

Thank you
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    replied
    Thanx for all of the replies. Yeah I have the 4" RE Lift.

I will figure out what to do this weekend and let you guys know how it went.

Does anyone have pics of the Rock-it Man rear bumper? I want something to carry gas cans also.

Thanx!!!!

Jason
    Last edited by loop choke; 07-01-04, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Originally posted by loop choke
    Is there a cheap fix or do I just deal?

Jason
    Cheap fix:

1) Throw away third brake light. Not required by state law. This is a federal requirement for sale of new vehicles. Not sure about requirements for sale of used vehicle. Brake light problem solved.

2) Remove rear seat. Nobody likes backseat drivers complaining about insufficient legroom. Ratchet strap 33" spare into tub. Three ratchet straps should do the trick even if you decide to roll the thing. Alternatively, leave the spare at home and just bring a Safety Seal kit and a ball peen hammer for any puncture/bead problems. This was the solution recommended to me by Chris_L for his awesome Great White TJ. 'Course he is running 37's IIRC. Spare tire problem solved. For extra points, sell the rear seat towards a proper tire carrier.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    There is INDEED a cheap fix for this

Did you manage to fit those 33's on a stock Rubicon? I cant imagine them fitting unless you already had some kind of lift in there. If not, youll need the 1" body lift to make this happen(you can get one for under $100, and they are a simple install...I did mine myself):

1.Take the tire off the carrier. Remove the four bolts that hold the plastic carrier to the mount. Take the bolts with you to Home Depot, buy four bolts about 2" longer then what you they are, get a few dozen washers (the thicker the better).Use as many as necessary to space up the tire carrier. (It may require a slight rerouting of your third brake light wiring...but it'll fit)

2.Take a reciprocating saw (or something to cut plastic) to the tire carrier...carve out some of the plastic if needed...(depending on your backspacing, it may not be necessary).

3. Last, but not least, put your tire back on, see if the latch to open and close your tailgate has enough clearance to operate. (Mine didnt) If necessary, take off the rubber stops, and cut them carefully in half (there are threads in there, dont let your saw hit it) Remount them. It should fit snugly up against them, while giving you just enough room to open the latch.

WARNING: This isnt a permanent fix. The tire is very heavy and will wear on your tailgate hinges, eventually causing damage to the pin and alignment of your tailgate.

4. Put some money aside and get yourself a ROCK-ITMAN bumper and swingout MJR members get a SWEET discount...we wont even tell your wife

If you need help with it... we'll be wrenching in the garage this weekend and next...come on down, and well give you a hand

Hope that helps

Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-01-04, 10:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tjrubicon
    replied
    I think they make a third break light relocater. I've seen them as part of some lift kits, I think the kit I ordered has one but I don't know because I haven't recieved it yet. That should take care of your spare hitting the light. Maybe you could notch your bumper to clear the tire until you can get your new bumper?

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    started a topic Spare tire

Spare tire

I just put 33x12.50x15 tires on my Rubi. What is everyone's solution for the spare tire being too big? I have to jam the rear door closed hard to get it to close all of the way. The tire hits the bumper and the 3rd tail light. I will eventually get a new rear bumper with the swing away tire carrier but my wife will castrate me with rusty gardening equipment if I buy anything else for the Jeep right now. Is there a cheap fix or do I just deal?

Jason
Working...
X