Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the tipping over point of everyones Jeep ?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TommyJeep
    replied
    Momentum is what gets ya. Here's an example:
    http://www.tommyjeep.com/trips/2004-...eos/Tommy1.wmv

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    Thanks arl1984, I've seen this before but couldn't remember the site. This will give you an approx. idea so that Level-O-Gauge has a function BUT Jerry's correct, many other variables apply. Still it's kinda cool being able to calculate stuff, I'm all over this. Now it's time to get underneath with your tape measure, have fun, be safe.

B&T TJ

Leave a comment:

• arl1984
    replied
    To answer your question, here you go:

http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/cog/

... enjoy!
    Last edited by arl1984; 07-12-04, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• paultyler
    replied
    By the way, the gauges work great. But each Jeep will have a slightly different tip over point.

Leave a comment:

• paultyler
    replied
    I have a lev-o-gauge that said I was at 45 degrees and I did not tip. Eventually I did go over at 47 degrees. I laid against a bush and was able to back out without a problem or a scratch. But to answer your question, on my YJ, I go over at 47 degrees. It feels really weird at 45.

Leave a comment:

• seapahn
    replied
    Mine was getting close when the spotter went "Vow Vow Vow Voooooooooooooow" and started to tip when the crowd said "Aaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Leave a comment:

• loop choke
    replied
    The point of rollover is usually just past the point of drawer filling.

Jason

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Bransford
    replied
    Because those tilt guages don't really tell the whole story, I never installed one. Too many variables... passenger weight and placement, how much gas is in the tank, what the tires are sitting on (sand, rocks, mud, etc.).

But once you've done your first usually gentle tip-over, you won't sweat the next one nearly as much.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    You'll know when you get there

Those gauges dont tell you anything. It has alot to do with weight, center of gravity and vehicle width.

Remember, Turn into the roll!

Leave a comment:

• paulhead
    replied
    Good question. I remember when I just got my 4" lift and I took my first turn and it "felt" like it was going to tip. Ofcourse I've gotten use to it since then. All I know is I don't want to find out the hard way.

Leave a comment:

• What's the tipping over point of everyones Jeep ?

I'm sure Im not alone in this, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the tipping over point is in their Jeep. I have a cheap little Lev-O-guage on my dash board. I've had it at a 33% angle, it felt like I was close to a roll over. I didn't want to push it.
    Dave
Working...
X