X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbw at this forum

I'll begin by saying hi all of you jeepster out there
    my Qusetion is I have a 1989 xj ltd with 175,000 mls on her
    is it a good idea to change the transmission fluid in her at this mileage someone had told me before not to preform this procedure because the tranny fluid is used to the grits that are in the fluid and is not a good idea it hasn't been changed for about 2 years thanks for the help all
    4.0 ltr
    3.5" lift
    rock it air intake
    flowmaster 50
    31"bfg's

change the fluid...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sounds like some one is feeding you a line of BS. Check the owners manual to see what the suggest. I cant remember what I changed my tranny fuild at . . . I think its suppose to be like every 15k or something like that.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Thanks thats what I was thinking too thanks for the help
        4.0 ltr
        3.5" lift
        rock it air intake
        flowmaster 50
        31"bfg's

Comment

Dame im way over due
          4.0 ltr
          3.5" lift
          rock it air intake
          flowmaster 50
          31"bfg's

Comment

Oh, and Welcome to MJR
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by 89xjlvr
              Dame im way over due
              Pull the dipstick out. the fluid color should be redish. If its black or brown and smells burnt then you should change the fluid. Even if it is red, I would change it anyway, just to be safe.
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah its nothing like that & not burnt just worried about it
                4.0 ltr
                3.5" lift
                rock it air intake
                flowmaster 50
                31"bfg's

Comment

also my tdc sensor is craping out on me I think wont start unpluged it repluged it back in and fired right up is this a simptom thanks all
                  4.0 ltr
                  3.5" lift
                  rock it air intake
                  flowmaster 50
                  31"bfg's

Comment

Not sure if I understand the question, but I believe your talking about the CPS (Crank position sensor) which is basically a TDC sensor. My Xj was running rough, wouldnt hold a rev, and wanted to cut out and die. I unpluged the CPS and pluged it back in, three times. This fixed it. I guess its a bad connector and it can get dirty easy and not have a good connection. If your XJ is running poorly try this fix, its MOST LIKELY the problem.
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah AKA as the cps I think its going on its way too. Alot of hessitation too. Thanks im going to tackle transmission and cps this weekend
                      4.0 ltr
                      3.5" lift
                      rock it air intake
                      flowmaster 50
                      31"bfg's

Comment

Originally posted by 89xjlvr
                        Yeah AKA as the cps I think its going on its way too. Alot of hessitation too. Thanks im going to tackle transmission and cps this weekend
                        right on, let us know if you have any questions
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Are you guys talking about an auto or manual tranny??

If it's an auto, don't drop the pan to change the fluid. Spend the extra money, and have a quick lube shop hook up their machine and flush the whole thing. It's much better than changing just the pan and filter. It actually flushes the filter. Doing this you get all of the fluid out, otherwise there will still be all of the fluid left in the torque converter. Your new fluid will be a pretty red color, not a red-ish color.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailbst
                            Are you guys talking about an auto or manual tranny??

If it's an auto, don't drop the pan to change the fluid. Spend the extra money, and have a quick lube shop hook up their machine and flush the whole thing. It's much better than changing just the pan and filter. It actually flushes the filter. Doing this you get all of the fluid out, otherwise there will still be all of the fluid left in the torque converter. Your new fluid will be a pretty red color, not a red-ish color.
                            I assumed it was an automatic, which I probably shouldnt have. I have heard bad things about that flushing thing. XJ's have some screwed up fittings that are hard to figure out. The Tards at those places dont know how to work them.
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Yeah I have an auto I droped the pan it went well no prob
                              when you havent change it in a while its good to only change 30% of the fluid 19% coming from the plug and the remaning 11% coming from the pan

also my friend used to work at a jiffy lube. and he was saying that those flushing systems are a bunch of juck. They dont work at all
                              even the fuel injection service are crap they hook it up to your fuel system and a bunch of white smoke comes out the pipe and the customer thinks that it really did somthing "RIGHT" waste of money :mad:

didn't change the CPS this weekend 3 day order :mad:

but im happy to say that when I went to the bone yard I didn't see not 1 jeep there
                              4.0 ltr
                              3.5" lift
                              rock it air intake
                              flowmaster 50
                              31"bfg's

Comment

Working...
                              X