Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmbrowning
    replied
    IIRC, the coils need to be from a V-8 ZJ. They will give a 2.5L TJ a 3" lift and a 4.0L about 2". There are some seating problems in the back. Some also mention that the rear can bottom as the rate is a bit different.

Write-up on JeepForum.com

B&T TJ is right about the issue of the control arms. Get cheap ones at Nth Degree. If you only have 2" lift, you may or may not need a SYE/double cardan driveshaft. New shocks, checking brakelines, wheel alignment and all the other lift-related stuff will need to be done of course.

I'd like to see pix and a write-up of your lift!
    Last edited by Dukes69; 06-11-04, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    I've heard of others doing this but it's probably not the best way to go. Doing this only lifts your Jeep, it doesn't address diff. angles that adjustable and fixed control arms do. Plus there's a bunch of other smaller issues (brake lines, trackbars, T-case drop kit...) but this is your Jeep. Have fun with it, maybe this will work for you but there's a reason most people don't go this route.

Good luck, keep us posted, B&T TJ

Leave a comment:

• troytj
    started a topic 3 inch lift

3 inch lift

I was told that this setup would give me a 3 inch lift for about 20 bucks.What do you guys think?

Get some junkyard XJ front coils.
    Put them on the front of your TJ.

Put your stock TJ front coils on the rear.

Whole job takes about 30 minutes.
Working...
X