Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodtimes
    replied
    I read that the 4 wheel disks were unique to the rubicon (as far as wranglers were concerned), but I have never looked to verify....but now that I think about it, I do recall seeing disks on the back end of a new grand while I was wandering around the dealer lot waiting on my window to be replaced.

Either way, I'm sure a call (or trip) to the dealer would verify one way or the other. It would suck to find out after you already bought the part.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Are you sure all the '03's come with rear disks? I thought it was only the rubicons.:confused:

I'm pretty sure but I might be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Are you sure all the '03's come with rear disks? I thought it was only the rubicons.:confused:

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Very cool Al. How does it stop? Is there a noticable difference in stopping power?

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    started a topic TJ disc brake conversion

TJ disc brake conversion

I just did a disc brake conversion on my TJ.

Parts

2- rotors (resurfaced)
    2- calipers
    new pads
    new E brake shoes
    2- dust shields
    2- brake lines

Donor vehicle - 1998 Grand Cherokee with Dana 35.

My vehicle - 1998 TJ Sport with Super 35, 4.10's, auto and riding on 35's.

This is a really simple modification. It is all bolt on and the results are excelent. I'm going to get a new proportioning valve from a 2003 Wrangler or a Grand Cherokee because the proportioning valve on my 98 is for drum brakes and the new Jeeps come with discs. I still need to get E brake cables from a Grand Cherokee. That should be this week. This modification will work on Dana 35's and Dana 44's. With the Dana 44 you need to get axle retainer from the dealer ($10 or less).

http://www.stu-offroad.com/brakeconv/bc-1.htm

This is the write up that I used to do my conversion.
Working...
X