Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No brakes!

Ok, no rear brakes that is...

Coming down from Big Bear in the rain with the trailer in tow and I notice the front brakes were really grabby a couple weekends back. When I started paying attention it seemed the rears were not really or not at all doing their job. I was thinking that maybe the pads were done because it has been some time since I have touch the brakes. The Jeep has 60k on the clock, the pads probably around 40k. Pulled the drivers side and this is what I found. What do you all think, could it just be rotors need to be hit with a disc sander or have them turned? They seem pretty shiney. Once I do that suppose I shoud replace the pads.

Build it right the first time.

This is just a guess based on your info. If the pads have been on there for 40k, and they still look new. I'd check the caliper. Are both sides the same? If the other side is working. Then the caliper would be my 1st thought. Good luck.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Look into some of the black magic pads. www.blackmagicbrakes.com They are much better than the greenstuff pads. Get some new rotors while you're at it.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I had looked at the Black Magic site already. They only have their brand for the fronts, my Vanco's are still working good but plan on running those when I need new front pads.

Ordered some new pads and will pull the rotors to get turned since the seemed glazed.
        Build it right the first time.

Comment

Be sure to bed them properly.
          God forgives, rocks don't
          -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
          X