Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Fender Flares

At the meet and greet on sat. there was a jeep with rear fender flares that resembled rear tube fenders but upon closer inspection they were plastic.They came striaght out with a rolled edge. I looked around a little on the web but "no findy". Did anyone else see them or was I imagining it? Or have you seen them elsewhere, and where?

xenon flares sound like what your describing
    "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Were they these Bushwacker Flat Fender flares? http://www.bushwacker.com/index.asp

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
      KI6MLU

Comment

Thanks guys, pretty funny, I was trying to be cheap and these things are as much as steel. Time to take the wife to dinner:-)

Comment

I was thinking, they might be cheaper too. The initial cost is a little cheaper. But remember. Tube fenders have to be paint, that costs. The bushwacker type are bolt on in a couple hours if you take your time.
          Tube fenders take alot of work to put on. If you get the type that have the inner well built into the tube fender then you have to drill out and mount all the accessories that are attached to the stock fenders. This can be tricky, cuz some things may have to be relocated to fit. The advantage to this type, is that you can sell your stock fenders and regain some cash. The 2nd type of tube fender requires you to cut your stock outer fender from the inner well. Then fit the tube fender to have a complete fender. This leaves your old fender for the trash. Have a friend with you for this. Its alot to do on your own. Just food for thought.

All that said, Tube fenders all the way.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
          X