Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Fenders and better clearance

I have a 99 TJ with a 8" long arm kit, running 37's. I am looking to lower my Jeep to reduce the center of gravity. I have stock fenders on it now and want to go to Flat Fender. I was hoping to get some ideas?
    Anyone using the "High Fenders" Are they worth the extra money and work?
    Living the Dream"!
    , Joe

I just installed some new lightweight flexible flat fenders last week that just came out, check out the install thread at http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ne...angler-959981/
    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I like those fenders. Cant argue with the price either.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Those are really cool! I've actually wished for something a lot like that. Perhaps you could suggest a high-line version that would extend the length by 3"? The installer would have to trim the hood and raise the fender, but it should work great with those. Now if Krylon would just make a PR-4 Flame Red...
        holes = cowbell

Comment

If you have the money, time and skills, the genright hi-line fenders are fantastic.

I have them on my jeep now, and they add real clearance for the tires, and have a mean look about them.

they are not for the faint of heart to install as there is a bit of cutting involved, ut the end result is well worth it in my opinion.

http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=TFF2620
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

You could use the same method i did and its free.

Raise the stock fenders up 3" and keep stock flares. Takes a bit more work because its not a "kit" but its simple and effective.

It is also hard to notice unless your looking closely.

Here is a link with picture. its a Yj but same can be done to a Tj.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16488
            "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

about 4-5" lift home made hiline with the abs flat fender flares and your 37" tires will make a pretty darn good wheeling machine or use the genright hi line fenders either way some sort of hi line fenders and a lot less lift seems to be the way to go

Comment

What kind of wheeling do you do? Do you have a welder? How much are willing to spend? There are lots of options from DIY to the overpriced sets.

MetalCloak
                GenRight
                Metal Fusion
                Jeeptubes.com
                SmittyBilt

I think for the price the SmittyBilt are one of the best pre-made fenders. flatpoint (Fred) has them and seems to like them. They look good on his Jeep as well.

I have the older Gen Right set and although a little pricy they have performed well and have taken a lot of abuse. I did just find out that one is actually 3/4” longer then the other which has been an issue with my build.

For my purposes I don’t particular like those plastic ones. They may look nice but there is no protection for the hood. One good smack on a rock and you’ll have some pretty good damage.
                Check out .

Comment

Chuck, Fred built his own front flat fenders as well as mine. The only thing Smittybilt on his are the rear flares. He had Smittybilt rear corners but swapped those for Genright ones when he did a rear stretch on his Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Chuck, Fred built his own front flat fenders as well as mine. The only thing Smittybilt on his are the rear flares. He had Smittybilt rear corners but swapped those for Genright ones when he did a rear stretch on his Jeep
                    Well. Maybe we should add Fred to the list.
                    Check out .

Comment

He is busy building custom dana 60's for his beg Jeep/ buggy project. Steve got us going on this Hammers stuff now we are both badly infected, darn you Steve and Booger

Comment

I am still looking forward to these flexable flat fenders. From what I have read on JeepForum the YJ fenders should be coming out spring or summer. And it sounds like they are going to offer a wider flare add on. I am aslo digging their LED turn signals on the fender. TJ ones are $160, I am sure it will be more with flairs and even more with lights. J.E.E.P.:thumbs_up
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWTnY...layer_embedded
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I've been shopping for tube fenders myself. I like the ones from T&T customs. They're full replacement tube fenders. Unlike alot of the others that require you to cut up you stock fenders, so you can have an inner fender well. These have the inner well built in. NO CUTTING. So if your old fenders are still in good shape you can sell them and get a little cash back. Also they're about the same price as the hack up your old fender kits. Good Luck
                          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I ended up using the the Bushwacker (Xenon like) flat fenders. These gave me great clearance. Simple install, required a easy cut to inner fender in front to fit. They come with running lights that plug right into existing.
                            Clearance is huge and I am running 37's
                            Living the Dream"!
                            , Joe

Comment

Working...
                            X