Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying Fluids - How Much, What Kind?

For the upcoming MJR Rubicon trip, I am building up my repair kit. Fluids are something I have not had to deal with yet. What do you recommend I bring? What brands, viscosities, quantities, and types of fluids should I pack?
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

I carry, 2 QT diff oil, make sure it has a limited slip additive, 2 QTs engine oil , 1 Qt ATF, brake fluid and grease, WD40, Radiator stop leak, hose repair kit, duct tape, spare serpentine belt, and lower radiator hose.
    I have a man trans, otherwise I would carry more ATF.. Then an assortment of nuts, bolts, fuses, hose clamps, RTV, and the list can go on,,,,,,,,,,,
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

For me; 3 qts engine oil, 3 qts ATF, 1 qt break fluid, and 1 qt diff. in a pintch you can use the ATF for the power steering.
      Check out .

Comment

communicate with others on the run and work something out where you dont wind up with 16 socket sets and 27 quarts of oil to go with the 12 spare 35" tires.

weight, and space are at a premium with the food, parts, and camping junk you ike to have with you on a trip like this.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yes talking with others is a good idea, but at the same point I always tend to carry all my own fluids, tools and spares.

As for fluids, I generally take 2-3qts. of each fluid needed for the vehicle. Better to be safe than sorry.
          96 ZJ 4.6 stroker
          HP30/8.8 & Clayton's long arms in progress.
          [color=darkblue]4x4oil.com[/color] Your #1 Source for AMSOIL Lubricants!

Comment

Eric' suggestion is right on the mark. If you're going on a long run, spread the wealth so that everyone isn't carrying the same stuff. I've been on a ALOT of these trips, and never has more than one or two people broke, and they didn't need the same stuff. Same goes with cooking; if you have a small group, have everyone cook a meal each day. It REALLY cuts down on the weight everyone has to carry.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
            X