Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary
    replied
    Installed the bumper tie ins last week, that took all the rocking out of it. Over the holiday I cut most of the steel back off the rear bumper that I had added to it a few years ago. Pretty much just took it back to stock other then the lower jack mount. Picked up some flat stock to rebuild the upper jack mount.

Leave a comment:

• Tumbleweed13
    replied
    Originally posted by clg82 View Post
    I have decided to go this way....do you have any suggestions? I am planning on having a fabricator in town here creat one that I can also remove and put the rear seat back in if I do need it.....
    If you look at Gary's other thread in this section. " Pics of inside spare tire mount needed.". The 1st post on page 2 has a link to pictures of the rack the I built last month. Its removeable and allows my spare to lay flat underneath.
    Last edited by Tumbleweed13; 05-08-12, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daniel_buck
    replied
    You don't need to fab up any way to mount the tire inside, just lay it flat on the floor of the tub, and ratchet-strap it down using the rear seat brackets as anchors and the screw-in anchors that are up against the tail gate on the floor (mine had some that were screwed in, not sure if they were factory or not, if yours doesn't have them you could buy them). That's going to be quite secure.

Depending on your tire size, you MIGHT be able to do this even with the seat still installed and folded up, might not even need to take it out. But with the tire back there, you'll want all the room you can get, so I'd just take the seat out.

Leave a comment:

• clg82
    replied
    Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
    Are you still going for a inside mount?
    I have decided to go this way....do you have any suggestions? I am planning on having a fabricator in town here creat one that I can also remove and put the rear seat back in if I do need it.....

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    I decided to hold off on making that move for now. Just not much room back there. Gonna try to lighten up and tighten up this Warn Swing away first. About 4 years ago I added some weight to it for a Gerry can mount, and high lift mount, gonna take it back off and install these frame tie ins and see how that works out.

Been driving it around tonight with the swing away off, sure feels different.

Leave a comment:

• GP4Play
    replied
    Are you still going for a inside mount?

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    Just pulled the swing away and spare tire off for the first time. Thats a lot of weight, the rear of the jeep popped up at least 2". lol .

Gonna pull the rear bumper tomorrow and install the frame tie ins and start cutting some iron off the swing away that I added to it for the jack and can mount. Was gonna make a gusset for behind the spindle but when I removed the swing away I realized I might not be able to do that because the hold down bracket has to be free in case I ever need to pull the swing away off again. Maybe I can bolt a gusset in back there? I'll take some pic's tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• clg82
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary View Post
    If you were actually my kid this would be a haul mark moment, but since your not its just weird.

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    Originally posted by clg82 View Post
    Incredible build thread dad.....i'm glad that we both decided to get into the jeep sport together because it's something that we'll one day be able to pass on to your grandkids.....thanks dad for all of your support
    If you were actually my kid this would be a haul mark moment, but since your not its just weird.

Leave a comment:

• clg82
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Ran Cleghorn today for a little shake down run. Jeep rode, performed awesome. Really nice day up there.
    Incredible build thread dad.....i'm glad that we both decided to get into the jeep sport together because it's something that we'll one day be able to pass on to your grandkids.....thanks dad for all of your support

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    Ran Cleghorn today for a little shake down run. Jeep rode, performed awesome. Really nice day up there.

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    Haha, yeah I still have a little ways to go. Gonna get the back end squared away with corners, fenders next. Then ill go on to axles and gears, 35's, etc, etc. lol. Would've hit a trail today but had some other stuff to take care of.

Leave a comment:

• aw12345
    replied
    You know you just got started right Poppa? Looking good so far, now go have some fun with it.

Leave a comment:

• Gary
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MY4D9WILLYS
    replied
    Sweet!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X