Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
    i am considering going to Viking Synthetic winch line n Safety Thimble.. weld a D ring to the front Axle so I can just use the winch to keep the front under control. Hopefully the Switchblade will assist in stabilizing the front end when wheeling as well as the rear currie antirocks.

Anyone feel like driving around LA today???
    The center strap seems like the cheapest, and effective, answer. If you want to use a suck down winch, consider a small atv winch mounted under the jeep. this way you don't have to use your main winch to do the job.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

going with the strap... I have spent enough already! Also I am going to reuse my current Rancho RX9000 adjustable shocks vs. dropping another $1000 on a pair of Kings.

For anyone who is considering the Klune V and Dana 20 combo here is a quick overview of costs:
      Klune: 1800
      Dana 20: 200
      Labor to rebuild the Dana 20: 400
      Gears for the Dana 20: 75
      Dana 20 rear output shaft upgrade: 450
      shifters: 225
      labor to put it all in with fab + lengthen front shaft+ misc shop supplies: 1500
      Total: 4650

I wonder if I should have just gone with the Atlas 4 speed for that price... but can't look back now!

Here is something kind of cool to consider after the stretch and Dana 60:

https://www.rigidindustries.com/category-s/131.htm

If any of you think your company's 401k program could use some help.. let me know.. I can fix it.. and I need to make some more money to pay for my Jeep

Brett

Comment

Dang 4600 bucks paid for more than a third of my Jeep project with the price of the Jeep included. But hee like you said, Jeeps are a very individual thing, we built them the way we think works best. Happy crawling, when will it be done? I guess then a redo on ole Cleggy is in order, will join the fun this time :-)

Comment

Got my next new toy in the mail yesterday... 62mm TB from Jeepersncreepers.com

Comment

Ok... got the first batch of pictures from Brothers 4x4 today.... the funniest part was when I replied to their email with the pictures with the statment "looks great, but it isn't my Jeep.. mine is the white TJ"..... I got a confused call in 3 minutes

What color should I paint the diff cover? Red or Black?

Comment

So is this a stretch kit? With longer Rock Krawler arms?

Comment

The original coil conversion kit was Rock Krawler. I just had to order the longer arms for the rear to replace the stock length arms. I should have just done the stretch when I did the original conversion... what did I know???

Comment

The nice part is that it's all bolt in. Now we got to figure out a way to make the whole suspension work as you intent it to work so you can have some fun with the Jeep with atleast 3 wheels on the ground and the nose pointed somewhere other that at the great blue sky.
                  The feeling of a Jeep that works the way you want, is pretty darn cool

Comment

Your get'n closer. Can't wait 4 the 1st shake down run. Paint the diff cover blk.

Comment

well... progress is there... a bit slower than I would like.. but when do things ever happen as fast as we would like???

A few pics:

Doesn't look like I will have her back for Truckhaven this weekend... looks like I will be riding shotgun if anyone has room!!

Comment

I got some more pics with updates from Brother's this morning. I guess I should have purchased the Genright Rock sliders. I think just fabbing up a piece to fill in the gap between the inner wheel well and the bottom of the rock slider with a nice arch will work just fine. Any other thoughts or recommendations?

I think I am going to just have paint the whole Jeep Hammer Black now to make it match the new armor... ahah

Comment

making progress...

maybe just a bit of tire rubbing...

off to verify the final ride height!!

Comment

Thats alot of rear flex, without the nose coming up. Very nice. You'll have post a b4 & after side view, so we can see the stretch. How many inches is the stretch?

Comment

98 currently... possibly 99 when finished.

Comment

Looking good, can't wait to see it working.

Comment

Working...
                                X