• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAILER341
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    In my Biased Opinion, they worked pretty damn good. Its almost like we knew what we were doing

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    they were great! i had no problems whatso ever with them, and had some pretty darn good flex for a leaf sprung jeep.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Erik, how did those new shock towers work for you on the Rubicon??

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    yea, it looks like it could use some shock work nice avatar

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Erik, while I was taking pics, I thought of you and your new shock setup. So I looked at mine. It looks like I need to do something about the front of my Jeep. The picture speaks very loudly. Extended bumpstops. Aftermarket shock tower. Here have a look:

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    LOL! True true! Thanks Jim!!!

Having a friend with a plasma cutter....priceless also! Made short work of cutting off the old shock mounts. I woulda spent two hours with a cutoff wheel doing that....lol.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by rick

Cost so far:

$20 Dodge spring plates
    $28 Square 9/16" u-bolts, nuts, and washers

:shades:
    Having a friend with a welder ......... Priceless !

Leave a comment:

• rick
    replied
    Did Rick do a U-bolt flip by himself??
    Nope, Jim cut the original shock mounts off, and I'm hoping we can weld proper shock mounts to the axle tube this weekend. But, I did the install, pretty straightforward. Find some Dodge spring plates in the junkyard, hack the shock mounts off em, and then you just need to have the correct square ubolts bent. I did mine in 9/16" rather than 1/2", much beefier. I need to get the shock situation straightened out though, I had to half #^@ it together Friday night cuz I gots no welder mang. Ask Brian...lol. It worked for the weekend though. I will post some pics of it once I can do it before it's dark out, the pics dont turn out well in the dark....

Cost so far:

$20 Dodge spring plates
    $28 Square 9/16" u-bolts, nuts, and washers

:shades:

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    i think rick fabbed his own using ford stuff?
    Actually you use the Dodge 1/2 ton pickup or Ramcharger ones either works . We plasma cut the original shock mounts off the boneyard donors .

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    i think rick fabbed his own using ford stuff?

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailbst
    I would use that as a sig line for sure. Not often you get a compliment like that.
    yup I agree

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    not bad

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    he said he was doing it... i expect it is finished by now. i think he is doing a write up on it.
    i hope
    i like the thought of that one. it will make thngs much cleaner under there
    Oh yes it does and less stuff hanging down. I bought mine from AP because it wasn't that much more and I ordered my springs though them.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    I dont know man, he kept on sayin there was more where that came from and stuff. Although, I have to admit, Erik's meat was very good. Probably some of the best I have put in my mouf
    my new signature

Leave a comment:

Working...
X