X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by TACOJ-7
    who needs shocks . I been running the rear with no shocks for 6 months!
    People do

Leave a comment:

• TACOJ-7
    replied
    who needs shocks . I been running the rear with no shocks for 6 months!

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    OK! the shocks are in there! the plan changed a bit, but now i have some huge shocks on there! i wound up cutting out a bit of the floor inside the jeep, and running the shocks that way. i /we raised the lower shock mount to the center of the axle tube, which should be well out of the way of the rocks. we created some towers that are welded to the cross member which i made, and installed earlier. the tower goes into the back area of the body tub about 5 inches. it makes for some great travel potential!
    i'll post some pictures tomorrow.. too tired right now.
    THANKS CHRIS!
    Anytime mang, Post them damn pics

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    OK! the shocks are in there! the plan changed a bit, but now i have some huge shocks on there! i wound up cutting out a bit of the floor inside the jeep, and running the shocks that way. i /we raised the lower shock mount to the center of the axle tube, which should be well out of the way of the rocks. we created some towers that are welded to the cross member which i made, and installed earlier. the tower goes into the back area of the body tub about 5 inches. it makes for some great travel potential!
    i'll post some pictures tomorrow.. too tired right now.
    THANKS CHRIS!

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Looks good mang!! Can I stress test it for you?!? I'm really good at finding the weak spots in stuff

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    started a topic Shock Cross Member

Shock Cross Member

well... i just cant seem to get enough projects going at the same time right now.
    the latest is a cross member to relocate the upper end of my shocks. as it was, i didnt have enough room to compress the shock.
    i just started this project, and hope to have it finished tomorrow. i have a 2"x2" cross member welded between the frame rails, and will weld some 3/16" steel tabs to it to mount the shocks.
    for now, i will leave my lower shock mounts as they are, which is on the spring plate. this is just until i fugure out exactly where to put them, and what to use to mount them to the axle tube.
    here are a few pictures...
    more to come.

Last edited by NAILER341; 06-27-03, 08:11 PM.
Working...
X