Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockers

i was planning on building some rockers for the cherokee. havent figured out what style i want to go with. any of u guys mind posting some pictures of yours or others so i can get an idea of how i want to build mine. thanks alot.

wtf no takers huh?

Comment

I don't have pics of mine yet. But they are 1.5" x 3" rectangular tube with angled ends (boxed in of course) They are basic...

I will get a shot tomorrow.

Comment

2x4 .250 wall
        Look at how some vendors do theirs and go from there.
        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

i saw some of the vendor ones. nomne really caught my eye. i want to use round tubing on mine. most of the vendor stuff is box tube. there are alot of guys who build their own. i was more curios on how they mount them. the xj frames arent the strongest. i have an idea of how i want to do mine but was just curios to see if anyone had a better idea than i did.

Comment

I would do frame plates first.. All things will eventually be built off of them.. They are a great place to tie cages, sliders, suspension all the above...
            I did 2x6 .120 wall box on XJ Kevins and Tube sliders on SWBOOKINGs XJ..I will see if I can dig up some pics
            Head nut at Outdoorlogic
            Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
            www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
              the xj frames arent the strongest.
              You might want to start anew at XJ tech 101.

FWIW I used a pinch seam mount as well as three mounting legs, the last one tying in to the shackle box.

Look into rocker replacements as well as rock rails.
              An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
              X