• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking trailer, I think I want a trailer now!:beer:

Comment

Originally posted by jonah View Post
      Nice looking trailer, I think I want a trailer now!:beer:
      I had no choice with my family in a TJ. I tried the roof rack thing and that was a fail and almost turned into an EPIC FAIL. Plus the minute you put stuff on the roof you might as well drive with a parachute behind your jeep. Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mywifesjeep View Post
        Are you the same Nwoods on expedition portal? I actually saw your post today about bike on top of adventure trailer.
        Yeap, also me. Very new to the whole trailer thing. Just got my truck-to-trailer wiring sorted out this weekend, having the MAX coupler lengthened for me by a fabricator, so that I can open my tire carrier/rear gate on the Jeep with the trailer still connected. Should pick that up tomorrow, and be ready to roll..cautiously. Still don't have tie-down's internally, batteries for the fridge, nor internal LED lighting, nor external area lighting. But if they didn't become projects, what would we do with our credit cards?
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
          Yeap, also me. Very new to the whole trailer thing. Just got my truck-to-trailer wiring sorted out this weekend, having the MAX coupler lengthened for me by a fabricator, so that I can open my tire carrier/rear gate on the Jeep with the trailer still connected. Should pick that up tomorrow, and be ready to roll..cautiously. Still don't have tie-down's internally, batteries for the fridge, nor internal LED lighting, nor external area lighting. But if they didn't become projects, what would we do with our credit cards?
          I understand I am going to do the lighting inside tomorrow along with some off road lights and maybe rock lights. Not doing the fridge right now but a battery is in the works. I do have dual batteries in the TJ and a really good inverter so I am good for now. Also have one of those Die Hard portable power supply/compressor/jumper cables/garbage. Really only good for running the macbook at night. Have fun this weekend Ill be putting my trailer to the test.

Comment

You know Mark that first trailer in the pics is the one I brought by your shop that day that was falling apart.

I didnt even realize----- I wouldnt have known if you hadnt told me!

That one came out nice, too!

Comment

I understand I am going to do the lighting inside tomorrow along with some off road lights and maybe rock lights.
              Please take lots of photos. I'm very interested in what you use and how you do it.

Cheers,

nw

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Please take lots of photos. I'm very interested in what you use and how you do it.

Cheers,

nw
                Definitely have fun this weekend!

Comment

Update; Well, my trailer worked awesome. We opted to tow with the Armada instead of the Jeep, and the MAX Coupler made things super smooth. No clunking. Could barely tell there was anything behind us at all. Nice! The extra space afforded by a trailer is awesome. The ONLY thing we had in the truck with us was the ARB fridge. Everything else fit easily in the trailer. We even concluded that our upcoming July 4th run to Mammoth will have so much room, that we have invited some friends along with. That is 4 adults, 2 kids, and dog all in one vehicle for a 3 day long tent camping trip. I love trailers!

TreadLightly Trainer
                  HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Update; Well, my trailer worked awesome. We opted to tow with the Armada instead of the Jeep, and the MAX Coupler made things super smooth. No clunking. Could barely tell there was anything behind us at all. Nice! The extra space afforded by a trailer is awesome. The ONLY thing we had in the truck with us was the ARB fridge. Everything else fit easily in the trailer. We even concluded that our upcoming July 4th run to Mammoth will have so much room, that we have invited some friends along with. That is 4 adults, 2 kids, and dog all in one vehicle for a 3 day long tent camping trip. I love trailers!
                    Yeah it's great having one. If I had a roof rack on the nitro we would taken that. As far as the pintle hitch I will be getting the adventure coupler here shortly. The roads were so bad all I heard was clunk clunk clunk! Lol it was really that bad but you get my point. I posted some pics of the trip under memorial day weekend @ lake mojave. Trailer was stuffed behind the tent connected to it.

Comment

another traier build

mike nice job want one myself how much do you have in the project?

Comment

Working...
                      X