Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tranny swap

Alrighty! I finally got aorund to putting htis tranny that's been sitting in my yard in! I pulled the old tranny out yesterday, and replaced it with an AX5 from a Cherokee. Turns out they are the same transmission, with som few minor differences. The T-case shifter had to be drilled to fit the larger bolt so it'll bolt to the tranny. errr...well I got everything back in, and the transmission runs and shifts fine, but the t-case shifter won't shift out of 4-high. We finally got it out be disconnecting the shifter, and doing it manually. I made sure everything sealed correctly, and put a gasket around everything, BUT, the t-case is leaking BADLY, fifth gear sometimes grinds when going in. I doesn't resist or hesitate, just grinds when shifting into it. So a run down...t-case is leaking, won't shift out of 4wd, and fifth kinda grinds now and again. For $100 I paid for the tranny...it's all diagnosable, and definitely fixable...but my question to you all is this, any Ideas WHAT may be causing my little problems?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]
Working...
X