Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by stevo
    hey hey hey, its not butchered, but i am getting the linkage hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the help again.
    mike
    I am not Saying it was your GC I'm just saying I wont wheel behind you ( fear of driving over large chunks of metal )

Leave a comment:

• stevo
    replied
    hey hey hey, its not butchered, but i am getting the linkage hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the help again.
    mike

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    Mike,
    I can only give you advice, I can physically help you. This is a fairly cut can and dry /removalinstall. Take the driveshafts off/out, remove wiring, prop up the t-case with a floor jack, undo the 6 or so bolts that hold the case to the tranny, slide the t-case back and down. Thats about it, install is the opposite. Good Luck.
    You left out ........ Tear open 242 t-case ... Tear open 249 t-case , swap out input shafts, and carrier assembly , install seals , silicone the hell out of it . and also spend hours of time trying to figure out the shifter combo that will work , because Mike doesn't have all the parts . Then get yelled at by your wife because "freebies are not allowed anymore !!" other than that it is a simple install in a jeep that has not been butchered to death like a certain GC I wont mention

But hay ,, He drove it home that night !

JIM :{> <---- Mr. nice guy! )

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Mike,
    I can only give you advice, I cant physically help you. This is a fairly cut and dry removal/install. Take the driveshafts off/out, remove wiring, prop up the t-case with a floor jack, undo the 6 or so bolts that hold the case to the tranny, slide the t-case back and down. Thats about it, install is the opposite. Good Luck.
    Last edited by JeepGal; 10-13-03, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    try jim from JCFab. dukes will be able to help when he logs on too, and he'll probably move this thread to somewhere in long wheelbase.

Leave a comment:

• stevo
    started a topic transfer case swap help

transfer case swap help

hey everyone,
    just wanted to see if anyone could help me install a 242 t-case in my 93 grand cherokee? I have the bezel, the green trans to transfercase seal, and the t-case. Let me know if anyone can help me out, i have no idea how to do it at all. This is my daily driver so i dont wanna try it by myself and not have a car.
    oh i'm in Santa Clarita.
    thanks
    mike
Working...
X