Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jt_jeep
    replied
    I got my tera low kit for $900 (4wheelparts) and $500 for sye and HD driveshaft (tom woods)

sure does make huge benefit...got my 1" clearance back because of the T-case drop before the sye installed.

Leave a comment:

• fdeuce2x
    replied
    Originally posted by unclegreaser
    yup it's the perfect time for the tera low.
    i just did mine with e the sye and oh boy what a difference. made every trail tons more fun.

it's an easy kit. basicly you get half the t-case from tera and you bolt up your rear t-case to it and you go. the sye is done right there too.

larygo
    How much for the kit?

Leave a comment:

• unclegreaser
    replied
    yup it's the perfect time for the tera low.
    i just did mine with e the sye and oh boy what a difference. made every trail tons more fun.

it's an easy kit. basicly you get half the t-case from tera and you bolt up your rear t-case to it and you go. the sye is done right there too.

larygo

Leave a comment:

• fdeuce2x
    replied
    Originally posted by NAILER341
    that sucks, man!

that would be a perfect time for an upgrade
    Thanks for the sympathy. I was actually thinking that this might be the time to do my SYE.

Leave a comment:

• NAILER341
    replied
    that sucks, man! check the boards wanted sections too.. or buy the tera low kit? i think that replaces most of the case parts. (dont know for sure) but, that would be a perfect time for an upgrade

Leave a comment:

• fdeuce2x
    started a topic X-Case NP231 ?'s

X-Case NP231 ?'s

Well, I drove the YJ from Portland, OR to Mesa, AZ last week. All went well, made it home safe. However......I did make a costly, foolish, mistake. I have been living with a slow leak out of the rear of the transfer case (oil seal in cone) that appeared after my SOA. Upon the advice of fellow Jeepers, I never changed the seal and just "lived with it", as I was told that it would just leak again due to the stress of the SOA.

Checking the Tranmission fluid level in my X case was on my to do list before I left Portland. Well, I FORGOT! I ended up running it dry which has produced me with some GOD-AWFUL sounds comming from below.

I have filled the X Case with fluid, hoping to "calm it down" a bit - no such luck. The ear-peircing metal grinding sound remains. So I guess it is time to get a replacement NP231 X case.

My questions (by the way, funds are limited):

1) Where would be a good place to find one? Wrecking yards, auto parts store, ect.?

2) How much should I expect to pay? I have seen on eBay for $50-$150, but the shipping has got to be outrageous.

3) Any opinions, suggestions, or tech help (advice)?

4) I would love to hear about some similar experiences with this problem.

Thank you in advance for the help. I really, really, want to drive my Jeep!
Working...
X