Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV DS when axle is stuffed

I was at school last night and was bored so I found a cool angled slab and proped my jeep on there to see some flex. My rear left was flexed and my rear right was stuffed. It was not extremely stuffed though. I took a look at my CV DS and noticed there was no extra play. It was fully closed. I cant think of the correct terminology.

I had it measured and built for my specific lift. Is this normal for the CV DS to be all the way 'stuffed' or is there usually some play left when the rear axle is stuffed.

I didnt have my camara, but If I get the chance to snap a shot I will.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

You should not be compressing your driveshaft that much. Only way to fix it is to adjust your bump stops to limit how far your axles will compress or have your driveshaft retubed so it has more slip.
    Last edited by nagal; 10-21-05, 10:34 AM.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well, that is one thing I havnt pruchased yet; new bumpstops, since I got my 4" springs.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

When you had the ds built did you tell them you are planning on doing a belly up? They might have built it with that in mind which would give you less slip on the drive shaft until you raise the tc with the belly up.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

No I never mentioned that to them. Hmmmm, excuse to buy a belly up,.....
          Supe

Comment

So, I took the jeep in today so they guys at Driveline Direct could see what I was talking about and they are going to shorten it at no charge since the measuring got goofed orignally when they first measured it. Good deal. Front wheel drive again for a few days..........
            Supe

Comment

Good deal you found the problem and they are going to fix it no cost... of course a fwd wrangler just plan sucks.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
              X