Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB Compressor/Switch Install

Well, i just finished installing my ARB compressor and switches. It wasnt too bad of an install. Pretty straight forward. The hard part for me is electrical, so I got stumped on what wires to use for power and ilumination. After some searching and a phone call and crossing my fingers I ended up using the lighter for power and the dimmer switch for light. Seems to be working fine so far. Tomorrow I will finish the lines for the diffs to the the compressor.
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

congrats on the install. yeah illumination is a tough one, I think I grabed it from the fog light/hardtop switch cluster. orange wire if I remember...
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

on my yj i just used 1 of those electical testers and put it to the fuse box when the key was half turned, then i turned on my lights and tested it again, i had to use a 1 of those fuse extendenders for it to work properly, with some time it should come out fine, were did you put the switches?

justin
      ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
      |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
      ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
      Locked and Ready

Comment

On mine (03 TJ), there's supposed to be a connector ready to go in the console area that's used for the illumination on auto trannies .. since mine's stick, it's supposedly just sitting there. One of these days I need to look in there to see if it's actually there or not since I also need some illumination wires for various things.
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I bought a switch plate from marlincrawler.com. I put it down by my right knee. I just finished the air lines and did a test run. Man I love these! I have a small leak from one of the solenoids. I have to tape it better with teflon or something. Other than that, everything is working great and I am a happy camper.

Last edited by TJSUPE; 09-25-05, 04:21 PM.
          Supe
          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Very nice i put my swiches in the same place, but yj have a spot from the factry for 3 arb swiches
            ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
            |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
            ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
            Locked and Ready

Comment

Working...
            X