Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ front cv shaft for rear TJ cv

Looking into finding a XJ front cv shaft and having it cut down and balanced to use as a rear shaft on my TJ for when the SYE goes in.

I saw a post where RatherBeJeeping did this, has anyone else done this and did they regret it?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I heard a YJ front CV can fit in the rear of a TJ, but I've never seen it done.

Comment

IIRC YJ fronts dont have the double cardan joint.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
        Looking into finding a XJ front cv shaft and having it cut down and balanced to use as a rear shaft on my TJ for when the SYE goes in.

I saw a post where RatherBeJeeping did this, has anyone else done this and did they regret it?
        You can also use a tj front and do the same thing. Try ebay.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I've been running on the one I built for well over a year and there's no vibrations from it up to about 90-95 MPH.

Got a TJ manual trans shaft that I was going to cut down and do another one with so I have a spare.
          I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
            I've been running on the one I built for well over a year and there's no vibrations from it up to about 90-95 MPH.

Got a TJ manual trans shaft that I was going to cut down and do another one with so I have a spare.
            Thats good to hear.

So far I am striking out on finding a shaft, all the junkyards around me want $125 or more. I am waiting to find out how much re-tubing and balancing will cost but if thats a $100 or more than will probably go with a brand new shaft.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Check your wanted add

Comment

Thats good to hear.

So far I am striking out on finding a shaft, all the junkyards around me want $125 or more. I am waiting to find out how much re-tubing and balancing will cost but if thats a $100 or more than will probably go with a brand new shaft.
                You can get them on ebay for about $40 or less. I think I paid $25 last time.

Comment

Thats good to hear.

You can get them on ebay for about $40 or less. I think I paid $25 last time.

Comment

Grand Wagoneer.

Michael, the shaft I sent you a link to is $45 with $15 for the shipping. I bought the stupid OTHER one with $60 shipping! :smacks forehead: Did you call Bob's for that price you mentioned before? The shop here in town (Barsto Machine) is HELLA more expensive. But if we can get a discount together that would be great.

p.s. who put this silly "sulu dance" stuff on my signature?
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

sorry :hijack:

90-95mph? My Jeep wont do 75!!!

Comment

Really? Maybe it's time for something a little fresher under the hood.

Think LS1 with a stroker conversion!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clarksinca
                          The shop here in town (Barsto Machine) is HELLA more expensive. But if we can get a discount together that would be great.
                          How expensive? If they will do a discount and it comes to say $90 - $100 I would be in for that. With the price of gas and not driving to Victorville works out about the same.

Originally posted by clarksinca
                          p.s. who put this silly "sulu dance" stuff on my signature?
                          Dude, I had nothing to do with it
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

How expensive? If they will do a discount and it comes to say $90 - $100 I would be in for that. With the price of gas and not driving to Victorville works out about the same.
                            Um, I didn't ask for a discount on doing a couple of axles... :smacks self in forehead again: but for one was $250 (seems like $250 is a basic quote for these guys). I has to do with setting up the equipment or something.

Dude, I had nothing to do with it
                            Suspicious... soooooo... "let's bounce a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish..."

Comment

Really? Maybe it's time for something a little fresher under the hood.

Think LS1 with a stroker conversion!!!!!
                              Actually, what I'm thinking is "how about I get it off jackstands for a while". But a new engine is certainly in order some day in the not so distant future.

Comment

Working...
                              X