Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPS voltage questions (Renix)

I finally went out to purchase a mulitmeter and i bought a decent one from Kragen. The main reason for this was to check my TPS voltage readings. Lately the Jeep (87 6 cyl manual trans) has been idling somewhat inconsistantly. Upon startup it will rev anywhere from 2200-2900rpms and sometimes it sticks and will not come down, the only way i was able to get it down was to unplug the TPS from the throttle body. The normal idle once it comes down is anywhere from 500-1000rpms. Also when im driving and it doesnt matter if its been 5 minutes or an hour when i push the clutch in coming to a stop the tach will drop down to zero and sputter and then rev back up to about 1000 rpms. Occasionally after driving a while it will actually stall. So i took my readings and this is what i got:

TPS connected to throttle body:
    Positive lead on "A" and the negative lead on "B"= 0.82v
    Positive lead on "C" and the negative lead on "B"= 0.1v

TPS disconnected from throttle body:
    Positive lead on "A" and the negative lead on "B"= 5.01v
    Positive lead on "C" and the negative lead on "B"= 0.00v

according to the FSM my readings with the TPS connected to the throttle body are completely wrong. the first reading should be 5v and the second should be 0.8v. So am i correct in this? and would this indicate a major problem? new TPS? possible adjustment? am i doing this wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Brett
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Mine says A and B 5 volts disconnected.
    C and B .8 volts connected

Try adjusting it. I just adjusted mine it was way off.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Find anything?
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Working...
      X