Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clocked Dana 300

I'm looking to clock my Dana 300. I'm running a 700r4 with a 5.0 Chevy. The 700 oil pan doesn't leave any room. I'm thinking about a two piece drive shaft. Any other ideas?

Originally posted by CurlyCJ
    I'm looking to clock my Dana 300. I'm running a 700r4 with a 5.0 Chevy. The 700 oil pan doesn't leave any room. I'm thinking about a two piece drive shaft. Any other ideas?
    Just an idea: I have a clocked D300 with TH400 with wide pan and had to shift the trans mount toward the passenger side diff in order to get the driveshaft to fit. I did this with the motor mounts attached but slightly loose and then pulling the transfer case towards the frame rail with a ratchet strap. I had drilled some extra holes in the crossmember and when I had things where I wanted them I put them in. Of course you'll have to move things around to fit your rig. My front end is pass side diff and it may seem backwards to pull the transfer case towards the pass side (as it did to me) but it actually worked out better that way. Good luck.
    1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

Working...
    X