Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4l60 tranny

i just got a 84 cj with a 6cly and a t176 tranny with a dana 300 tranfer case
    i also have a 97 chevy z71 toatled with a 4l60e tranny, sold the transfer case a while back. well i'm wanting to put a 70's model 350 in the jeep and woundering how the 4l60e tranny will work with it. i was told this wasn't the best tranny in world, but i'd like some other oppion's. also will the dana 300 bolt strait to the tranny. i know thhe make kit but from what i see it looks like it will. it's not going to be everyday driver jus to the beach and some medium mudding now and then when i feel rowdy. any suggestions would be a great help. this is my first jeep build so please forgive my stupidaty.

thx RR32

Novak adapter Kit #4L63, GM 4L60E transmission to the Jeep Model 300 transfer case 510.00$$
    And the 4L60 is an electrically controlled trans, another big hurtle.
    But maybe the engine and trans with the computer and wiring?
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

There's a stand alone computer for the 4L60E so you can put it in non computerized applications. But if you can figure out a simple kick down cable then the 700R4 is a lot more economical way to do this.
      I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

What power plant is in your Z71 that's totaled? Id use the motor & fuel injection with the trans and order the wiring harness from Painless in texas. They carry the wiring harness to use the computerized lockup with or without a bypass switch to lock-out the auto lockup torque convertor. Adapt your D300 to fit the back of your 4L60E as stated above for tons of power off road. Plus, as a benefit you get great O.D. capability for long highway drives. Can be SMOG legal in 50 states, have daily driver new Jeep driveability even in cold weather. Never have fuel starvation issues again even at extreme angles or on its side to boot. Hell, the thing would practically run shiny side down! A nice combo for a daily driver/wheeler. CJ's just lend themselves soooo damned well to V8's It aint even funny......
        Rick OllllllO
        " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
        Rick W6RE

Comment

Working...
        X