Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on install

I just got a price to install new ARB lockers F/B, gears with bearing kit with an ARB compressor for about $2800 plus taxes installed does this sound like a good price should I keep shopping around or does anyone know of a better place in Orange County.
    01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
    4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
    SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Sounds pretty decent if that actually includes the lockers and gears. Was not sure by what you posted if that does.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      Sounds pretty decent if that actually includes the lockers and gears. Was not sure by what you posted if that does.
      The install includes lockers and 4.56 gears Front/back and air compressor for the lockers plus labor
      01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto

Comment

Figure $1400 for the lockers, $200 for the compressor, $400 for gears/install kits at best prices with an addition $140 for tax. He will probably mark them up some, so $660 for his labor. Most people will say you can figure $200-$400 per axle for a gear setup.

So it looks pretty good to me.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
          Figure $1400 for the lockers, $200 for the compressor, $400 for gears/install kits at best prices with an addition $140 for tax. He will probably mark them up some, so $660 for his labor. Most people will say you can figure $200-$400 per axle for a gear setup.

So it looks pretty good to me.
          Thanks for the 2nd opinion, I'm going to 4Wheel parts in Santa Ann to do the work and get that warranty. Finally get the gearing I need.
          01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto

Comment

Working...
          X