Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my Warn Hub Conversion today

After putting a Lockrite in the front I was getting vibes and after trying different stuff could'nt find the problem plus I liked the idea of being able to disconnect the front especially on long trips not having everything in the front constantly spin and if something breaks I don't have to change out axles in the boonies etc......
    So I take off my hubs.

My right hub had a little life left in it but my left rattled in you hands when you spin it and it smelled like turpentine, it was ready to go.

Got this u-joint tool from Harbor Freight and got the old u-joints off easily but had a little battle getting the new ones on.

Organized Kaos.

When I inventoried my parts I found this brass spacer that baffled me because there was only one so I figured I'm missing the other one but after reading the directions I discovered it was to permanently enable my vacuum actuator as to avoid disconnect probs while wheeling.

So it took me a couple of days, 2-3 hours a day, half asleep, but I finished it . I went to some local dirt/mud and flung some chunks up in the air and it seems to be working fine. See you guys on the trail.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

congrats. great mod.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I spy with my roving eye....an amazing dearth of power tools! Great mod, very inspiring and you make it look easy!
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
        I spy with my roving eye....an amazing dearth of power tools! Great mod, very inspiring and you make it look easy!
        New projects give me an excuse to go out and buy new tools :tongue:
        Fortunately I found quite a few write ups on it that gave me different perspectives on the install, but it was'nt that hard. What took me the longest were the u-joints.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

and now I know someone with a u-joint press tool. This is a mod I'd like to do at some point, after..........................mod this........................mod that........................ouch!

I'll get there. Looks good Paul.

B&T TJ

Comment

Working...
          X