Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcraft Ignition early 304

Has anyone had any experience with converting old motorola/points like on early 70's 304's to the Duraspark/electronic ignition DIY conversion?
    1972 Jeep Commando

I've thought about doing that with mine, but I've got a Mallory Unilite conversion that has worked great for almost ten years. Why mess with a good thing?

So have you looked into the Davis DUI setup? If I ever change mine, I think I'll go that route. Sure it's a lot of money, but the GM style HEI is a bitchen, reliable setup.

Here's a link to info
    Michael Stowe
    Tin Benders

Comment

Re: Motorcraft Ignition early 304

Originally posted by GoinCommando
      Has anyone had any experience with converting old motorola/points like on early 70's 304's to the Duraspark/electronic ignition DIY conversion?
      I had points in my cj when I bought it , Bought a electronic distributor for it ( factory ) type and even the connectors were the same . I did eventually put in a MSD and it works awesome . you could just get an MSD and a factory electronic ignition and not worry about the Factory harness .

JIM :{>

Comment

I second the MSD option. I got #92 of the first 100 AMC V8 MSD distributors and it has been awesome. My old factory electronic ignition system used to die as soon as it smelled water. The MSD/Jacobs Electronics combo I use now has not let me down ever.

Of coarse it will now that I said something good about it!
        BullDog Dave
        Keep the rubber side down (mostly)
        1975 CJ-5 (Partially)

Comment

I swap out the original stuff for a mallory vaccum advance dist. and a MSD high vibration coil and ran them for years with out any trouble.
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Working...
          X