Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda of a dumb Question but..........

The book says the timing is factory set, But I've heard with other car lines there is a work-around.
    Does anyone know the work-around for the 2.5?

Thanks in advance.
    Chris "jeepingfan"
    [COLOR=Blue]95 YJ 2.5 Rancho Lift 1in Shackles U-Bolt Skids Sway Bar Quick Disconnects Quick Locker in Rear Front open 4.88's 32x12.50 Pro Comp All Terrain's Tuffy Console[/COLOR]

The initial timing is not adjustable on the EFI engines because the PCM (ECU, computer, whatever you want to call it) controls both the base timing and advance according to the various sensor inputs telling the PCM what the engines load, speed, etc conditions are. You could change the initial timing (and any subsequent advance applied by the PCM) by modifying the distributor's position sensor so that it is advanced a few degrees. I have never done this, nor have I really thought this through to think about what else it might screw up with the PCM, but I have a feeling that there are too many variables involved to simply advance the sensor a few degrees to boost power. What are you trying to accomplish?
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I know the 2.5 is a rough running motor, I just did know if I could adjust anything, to help smooth it out.
      [COLOR=Blue]95 YJ 2.5 Rancho Lift 1in Shackles U-Bolt Skids Sway Bar Quick Disconnects Quick Locker in Rear Front open 4.88's 32x12.50 Pro Comp All Terrain's Tuffy Console[/COLOR]

Comment

Maybe do a tune-up on it . . . plugs, wires, cap, rotor, junk like that
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

make sure you gap the plugs at the factory spec
          B R E T T
          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Working...