Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze Plugs

Ok, I have 2 freeze pluggs leaking in the back of my 4.0 , and 1 leaking on the side of the motor. I trying to get a plan of atack. Will it be easyer to pull the trans & transfer or to pull the motor? What would you do? :confused:

I would pull the motor and use new brass plugs, replace them all, and a little gasket sealer on the plug before installing.
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

It's In A 99 Xj. It Looks Like I Can Get To The Ones On The Side. You Don't Think It Would Be Easier To Set The Trany Back To Get To The Ones In The Back Of The Motor? And I Agree I Was Going To Do Them All.

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
        I would pull the motor and use new brass plugs, replace them all, and a little gasket sealer on the plug before installing.
        I just replaced them on my 1990 XJ, I pulled the tranny. Use brass and some type of gasket sealer. The freeze plug installation kits, the long rod with the swivel end made it easy.

Ron
        1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I just have a thing about being on the bottom. Dropped one too many tranfercases on my head.
          [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Thanks For The Replys. I Think I Might Just Pay The Mechanic Here At The Body Shop $500 To Do It For Me, I Work From 7am To 6pm, Then When I Go Home I Have To Take Care Of My 1 And 3 Year Old. My Wife Goes To School At Night. I Don't Get Much Time For My Toys Any More. :gun:

Comment

Working...
            X