Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i'll be the guinea pig i have the warn conversion coming.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Outboard hangers

I haven't had any problems yet with the outboard hangers. It is a pain in the a$$ to build them but works good. The only frame cracking I've had has been normal Jeep crap, steering box area, yak, yak, yak. If I had to do it again I would go with a kit such as the Poison Spyder deal and I believe it is set-up for shackle reversal (I actually saw one of these kits in person and it looked like a very well built conversion). Of course, everything I've put on the Commando has had to be modified so maybe the PS conversion wouldn't work for me. Must be nice for you "bolt-on" guys. Well, if I'm going to modify it anyway, may as well put the D60's on!
      1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

So Rick did you install the dana 44 in your cj? Iam in the process of building a dana 44 out of a chevy 1/2 ton for my cj7. High steer knuckles, and "MORE" shackle reversal and steering bracket. I need to narrow it 7 1/2". Any "wish I would have done it differant" advise?
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Well... I'm still debating this question. I have decided that if I do go with a 44, it's going to be a Wagoneer. The width is close enough, so i don't have to worry about shortening the axle. It will remain stock Waggy width, so axle shaft availability will not be an issue as with a cut axle. In fact, that is one of the biggest factors I have considered when debating this - what happens if you need a spare shaft on the trail and you don't have one? Any axle that is custom width mandates that you have full spares, while if you are running a stock 30 with alloys, you can not only get away without carrying spares on every trip, but chances are you will have the stock stuff you started with anyway (unless you broke em). I'm kind of waiting to break the stock 30 ... I think that's what it will take to force me to decide which way to go...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

D44 bolt pattern

I thought most Wagoneer's had 6 bolt hubs? I guess you can swap on your 5 on 5.5?
            1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

The outers on a D30 have the same ball joints...bolt right up. By the way, did you sell that axle yet?
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

For sale

Not sold yet D44 front and rear, 60" wms/wms, 4.56, spool/ez-locker both completely rebuilt. TH400 to D20 adapter including trans output shaft and transfer case, dana30/44 53" wms/wms 3.73 open, front 8 lug Chev dana 44 all but rotors, calipers.
                1972 Jeep Commando

Comment

Working...
                X