Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB axles?

Is there any reason more people don't use EB axles for swaps? There a tad wider, but nothing that can't be fixed by returning to stock backspacing. They've got the diff's in the right spots. 1976 or 1977 even have front discs. Ford 9's are stronger then 8.8's and don't use c-clips. They have 44 fronts and if you find the same donor as the rear axle they'll have the bigger ujoints.

They're a little more scarce, but still all over the place. Why isn't this more common? :confused:
    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

They are a great axle to use but they are full width. They are a lot wider than Jeep axles. I know 3 or 4 people that have used them.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

I'm looking into doing that. I just dont have any money.

Mikey! If you want to do this, get axles from a 78-79 F250 with leaf springs. They are much easier to work with then the ones with the cast radius arm mounts. Plus they are High Pinion 44's in the front, as opposed to low pinion.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hes right, they are only a tad narrower than stock. 76-77 are still EB axles. 78 is when full width starts. I am looking at eb for my grand. But the 9 inches are most likely going to be 28 spline, but can be upgraded and the 44 front is of course a low pinion. But if you read over on pirate people are running these axles with 38's under their broncos. I think it could be a good axle choice for a swap.
        Mike
        93 grand, 33" pro comps, hp30, front long arms, front lock-rite.

Comment

It's not so much that I wanna do this any time soon, they just seem like a really good swap and I haven't heard very many people doing it.

The axles are 58" wms to wms on 1966-1977 Broncos. Like Mike said, they get wide in '78. The dud that told me they were a tad wider was apparently talking about the full-size broncos.
          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Working...
          X